We are actively searching for the new Senior Pastor whom God has prepared to lead, guide and minister to the congregation of CBC. The Senior Pastor of CBC shall serve as its Christ led spiritual shepherd. His primary role shall be preaching, teaching, and
training the congregation. In collaboration with the elders, his oversight shall include supervising and mentoring a staff of 2 pastors, as well as helping the congregation to develop their spiritual gifts and grow in their love for and dependence upon the
Lord Jesus Christ. He should be ready to affirm the authority of the Scriptures and exalt biblical principles to encourage the congregation.
- High degree of personal spiritual maturity, reflecting the character of Christ in both his private and public life
- Master's degree from an accredited seminary is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in full-time pastoral ministry and church leadership is expected
- Ability to communicate meaning and insight from Scripture in a way that connects with an audience and effectively leads to learning, understanding, and application
- Expository preaching style is preferred, although topical preaching is recognized as both valuable and desirable in some circumstances
- Grace-oriented approach to doctrinal and theological issues, as well as areas of daily life and practice; not judgmental or legalistic, but frank with regard to essentials of the faith
- Understanding of, and commitment to, local and worldwide missions
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications. For additional information regarding the responsibilities and involvement of our Senior Pastor within the church and community, visit our website at: www.cascadeschurch.com
To apply, applicants should send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Applicants should also include a brief statement describing their philosophy of ministry. Qualified candidates of interest will be contacted for additional
information. Please note that no search committee members will be available at the church to receive phone calls, so we ask that communication be through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.