Director of Community Ministries – Non-profit
Are you confident, aggressive and focused on reaching goals?
Do you build lasting relationships?
Is your communication style persuasive and passionate?
Do you enjoy multiple projects with many moving pieces?
In the end, is it about blazing new trails and being a difference maker?
If this sounds like you, 6 Stones is looking for you! Please take 6-8 minutes and complete this short survey:
Overview & Responsibilities:
The Director of Community Ministries is a team level, staff position, under the administrative direction of the 6 Stones Mission Network Executive Director. This position requires duties performed in an accountable nature, requiring initiative and discretion.
The Director of Community Ministries should have knowledge of assigned subject area; proficiency in major aspects of assigned projects, coordination of activities with an emphasis on effective development and delivery of project work.
1. Coordinate assigned projects within the timeline requirements with special attention to project development, team development, correspondence and regular updates.
2. Work well within a team environment in order to develop plans, projects and ministry teams with our staff and with our coalition of partnering churches and other stakeholders.
3. Develop and oversee training projects and workshops.
4. Perform collaborative planning and decision-making with 6 Stones staff, ministry teams, and volunteers.
5. Coordinate, develop and oversee any additionally assigned projects.
1. Develop a Follow-Up Ministry to those impacted by 6 Stones, with an emphasis on individuals who have made a decision for Christ.
2. Collaborate with the Director of Compassion Ministry and Staff to develop and implement an Evangelism Training program for our Staff, Volunteers, partnering churches and other entities.
3. Develop a Discipleship Ministry for those that have accepted Christ and want to go to the next level. Connecting them to resources or venues within their community or “the local church” community.
4. Develop a Multi-Family Housing Ministry that would meet the needs of the residents and management where they are and their desired needs. This may consist of, but is not limited to, events, bible studies, trainings and even church plants. It would also
mean working with the above-mentioned stakeholders, as well as local cities/police departments and apartment manager associations. When and where applicable, this could encompass Single Family Neighborhoods.
5. Implement/maintain the appropriate data systems into the processes of tracking clients, volunteers, spiritual impact and growth.
6. Assess, develop and/or enlist resources to address the various needs and issues that our clients face in their communities, such as information, trainings, classes or seminars, as well as basic necessities. This would be done in collaboration with our
Compassion Ministry and Staff.
7. Develop an organizational structure for the Community Ministries that would include ideal personnel needs for daily operation, job descriptions and training.
8. Develop an ever-growing volunteer base and support network within our cities, businesses, Chamber of Commerce, school districts, non-profit organizations, and our faith- based community.
9. Collaborate with other church planting and equipping networks to develop resources to build up local leaders to be “The Church” in their neighborhoods and contexts.
10. Actively look for ways to raise support and resources with the Staff, volunteers or other organizations and entities within our community to support our Community Ministries, as well as other areas of 6 Stones.
11. Maintain a financially responsible ministry that not only manages the available resources and budget, but also develops funding strategies and events in coordination with the Community Stakeholders, as well as the 6 Stones Staff, Board and Resource Development
12. Assist the Executive Director in other areas as assigned.
- Salaried position
- Medical, dental, vision