Description: The Director of Contemporary Worship and Youth Ministries is a full time staff position at Cedar Crest Bible Fellowship Church in Allentown, PA. The man in this position will oversee two important ministries – Contemporary
Worship and Youth Ministries.
Title: Director of Contemporary Worship and Youth Ministries
Direct Report: Pastor of Next Generation and Young Adult Ministries
Work Hours: Full-time including Wednesdays and Sundays
Starting Date: July 2015
Salary: To be determined
Education: A four year degree in Music, Church Music, Worship/Worship Leadership, Bible, and/or Youth Ministries. Candidates with degrees in music should also have Bible training.
Experience: A minimum of three years’ experience (volunteer or paid) leading a ministry.
Membership: A member of Cedar Crest Bible Fellowship Church in good standing, or willing and able to become a member.
Doctrine: In agreement with the Bible Fellowship Church Articles of Faith (http://www.cedarcrestbfc.org/about/what_we_believe)
Clearances: Able to pass the Child Sexual Abuse, Police Record checks and FBI Fingerprints
- Lead the youth ministry and contemporary worship service at CCBFC for the glory of the LORD.
- Embrace the Vision of CCBFC to be a Praying, Caring, Serving, Speaking, and Training church and see that our worship and youth ministries are consistent with our vision and goals for our congregation.
- Disciple the youth of CCBFC by maintaining and growing the established, vibrant and healthy youth ministry
- Plan, oversee, and participate in Sunday morning High school Sunday School, Sunday night Youth Group and special youth programs. (e.g. outreach, conferences, retreats, missions trips, etc.)
- Recruit, develop, and evaluate a team of adult youth leaders.
- Audition and train the most skilled and engaged volunteers available for the Contemporary Music Ministry.
- Lead the effort to accomplish CCBFC’s vision for contemporary worship by updating the sound, look, and feel of the contemporary service to obtain an energetic, upbeat, expressive, and authentic worship style that meaningfully engages the contemporary segment
of our culture in true worship.
- Design and manage the contemporary worship experience by integrating music, sound, lighting, video, and transitions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- A love for Jesus Christ and Godly character
- Mature, committed walk with Christ. The ideal candidate maintains personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community.
- Demonstrated leadership in worship that magnifies the greatness of God in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit by skillfully combining God’s Word with music, thereby motivating and engaging the gathered church to proclaim the gospel, to cherish
God’s presence, and to live for God’s glory.
- An articulated vision and philosophy of corporate worship that is based in scripture.
- The ability to assume responsibility for the entire worship music ministry by mid-2017
- Technically excellent instrumental and vocal skill with musical training on keyboard and/or at least one other instrument.
- A shepherd/pastor’s heart for God’s people, including a particular desire for youth to comprehend the Gospel of Jesus Christ and grow in their walk with Him.
- Effective skills in communicating, teaching and training volunteers.
- A conscientious work ethic. The ideal candidate is willing and able to work at a fast pace, with different types of people, within a variety of settings and circumstances and with composure and flexibility.
- Discernment and wise judgment.
- Managerial skill. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, self-starter, who can prioritize and manage multiple projects with attention to detail and an eye for excellence.
To apply for this position
- Read, understand, and accept the Ministry Description
- Review desired style of contemporary worship at CCBFC (https://vimeo.com/122646289)
- Complete and submit the following forms and documents:
- CCBFC Job Application Form (available in the church office or at http://www.cedarcrestbfc.org/documents/application.pdf)
- Supply a resume
- Supply three references
- Supply a video of you leading worship
- Supply a philosophy of Worship
- All forms and documents can be returned to Pastor Jonathan King (email@example.com)