The Worship Leader for the Campus is an influential member of our Multi-site Team and SBC Worship and Arts Department. This position will be more than a song leader; this person is expected to work alongside the Campus Pastor to shepherd the congregation. This person will be expected to play a role in general functions and events within the department and align with the main campus worship team to create a an environment where Scottsdale Bible Church’s vision is effectively carried out.
Oversight for Weekly Worship Gathering and Congregational Care:
- Provide primary worship leadership for weekly worship gatherings
- Act as program director for services in order to ensure excellence in programming
- Create service flow for worship gathering (worship, message, creative expressions, baptisms, communion, etc.)
- Responsible for integrating creative elements into worship services (art, design, media, video, etc.)
- Assemble multiple worship teams (bands, vocalists, etc.) by recruiting, auditioning, and placing into areas of service
- Select and arrange music to meet the needs of the congregation
- Oversight of technical (AVL) systems and volunteer staff
- Responsible for recruiting, training, mentoring and scheduling technical volunteers (some assistance in training will be provided by Shea technical staff).
- Recruit, train, mentor and mobilize creative team volunteers
- Work alongside Campus Pastor to execute services effectively
- Work alongside Campus Pastor to provide congregational care. (Membership, Baptism, Teaching, Discipling, Lay Counseling, etc.)
- Work alongside Campus Pastor in Campus Volunteer Recruitment, Small Group Administration, Facilities Management, planning and implementing Campus wide events, etc.
- Work with the senior leadership to ensure that SBC’s vision is being carried out
- Administrative duties related to leading worship (upload charts, print worship orders/charts, schedule volunteers, etc.)
- Create ProPresenter cue list for worship songs and work with technical staff/volunteers to integrate other media (announcement slides, videos, message slides, etc.)
- Communication with volunteer staff to encourage their involvement, provide details that enhance their understanding of their responsibilities, and clearly outline their schedules.
General Worship and Arts Team Responsibilities:
- Participate in and provide worship leadership for all-church events (Easter, Christmas, “Night of Worship”, etc.)
- Occasionally lead worship for other ministries and events (e.g. Hearty Souls, retreats, Men’s Ministry, etc.)
- Participate in and provide leadership assistance for Summer Arts Camp
- Participate in all necessary worship team meetings (service planning and review, ongoing training, etc.)
- Committed to leading worship team volunteers toward spiritual health and integrity
- Pray for and maintain regular communication with worship/arts volunteers (e-mail, personal contact, phone calls, etc.)
- Partner with Campus Pastor as a pastoral resource for any needs represented within the congregation
- Continue to pursue personal holiness and study of Scripture in order to minister more effectively
- Fully committed follower of Christ; beliefs consistent with SBC’s statement of faith.
- Lives a life that is consistent with SBC’s employee values (Spiritual Maturity, Servant Leadership, Service Empowerment, Team Player and Stewardship Focused).
- Heart-driven passion for the family and spiritually healthy relationships/marriage.
- Demonstrated relational skills: high value of people; aspires to serve others; fosters a healthy and amiable spiritual environment; approachable and accessible; works well with others; appreciation for own and other’s giftedness; possess a healthy sense of humor.
- Integrity of work habits and results; able to discern needs and respond appropriately; able to maintain a high degree of professionalism and accuracy; good written and verbal communication skills; desire for individual & professional growth; able to shift focus quickly from one project to another and multi-task; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude; takes initiative; ability to handle confidential information; change agent; proven ability to work collaboratively with others and in team environments; proven ability to successfully manage others and be accountable for the work results of others.
- Flexible; ability to work in a multi-faceted environment with little supervision; personable in working with staff and volunteers; sense of humor; ability to forecast as well as attend to weekly details.
This person will be most successful when leading from an authentic and relational approach. The Campus will need to be their “home” service and approach their role as a Worship Pastor, not merely Song Leader. They must demonstrate proficiency as a worship leader and musician in a contemporary environment, while having the ability to lean in other stylistic directions. Working knowledge of basic computer software (Microsoft suite), along with video editing software and ProPresenter. Working knowledge of all technical systems in use for that venue.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Worship Ministry DirectorArvada Church of God
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1
Scottsdale Bible Church
Scottsdale Bible is a place to experience God, a place to connect with others, and a place to learn and grow. More...