The Middle School Director will seek to change students’ and leaders’ lives by partnering with BACC in leading, loving, and pointing people toward Jesus. This includes casting vision and direction; evaluating and upgrading elements of the ministry where
needed; and discipling students and leaders through the development of relationships.
Specific List of Areas and Responsibilities:
- 80% middle school ministry
- 10% Family Ministry
- 10% General church-wide ministry
- Facilitate weekly student environments for middle school students. Utilize curriculum and resources to create engaging and relevant teaching experiences for students and families.
- Assist in creating relevant environments, activities, and events for middle school students.
- Develop God-honoring relationships, encourage spiritual growth in middle school ministry, and forge disciple-making relationships.
- Assist, plan and coordinate major middle school ministry events throughout the year, with some events occasionally combined with high school ministry.
- Design and nurture a healthy adult leader culture within middle school ministry – adhering to the guidelines within the BASM Leadership Handbook.
- Recruit and thoroughly train all middle school ministry adult leaders to serve on Sunday mornings, summer events, special events, etc., while training them to share in the recruitment process collectively as a team.
- Communicate consistently and completely with the middle school ministry adult leaders and student-leaderships team (Light).
- Regularly host team meetings and community building experiences for your middle school ministry adult leaders, including monthly Leader Huddles.
- Build and maintain relationships with students both churched and unchurched.
- Look for opportunities to befriend, hangout, and disciple in a relational way with students at church, sporting events, in the community, etc.
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with parents including communication and resourcing.
- Involve students in the ministry of the church in serving, discipling, and using their gifts.
- Be willing to learn, grow, and be coached and developed by the Student Ministry Pastor in areas of BASM philosophy, leadership, structure and vision.
- As a BACC staff member, we facilitate other task that minister to the entire church.
- Spiritual gift mix of some or all of the following: teaching, leadership, administration, and passion for students, parents, and volunteers at BACC.
- Can make lists and prioritize task to get multiple projects completed.
- Be an engaging communicator, and possess the ability to use pre- constructed curriculum and resources to be relevant, effective and excellent, as well as use creativity to develop original lesson plans and teachings.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Ability to be a team player and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to function within a team structure while also working independently on individual tasks and projects requiring self-iniative and personal ownership.
- Ability to work with other BACC staff members to coordinate and execute projects, being an “all-in” team player.
- Teachable, and will seek out coaching and learning for growth and development - always seeking to improve in humility and grace.
- Will foster an environment of creativity and excitement.
- Promotes a positive attitude and working environment, and desires to have fun in a professional manner.