EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a personal belief in Jesus Christ as his/her Savior.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college in Christian Education or other Christian faith-based children’s training is preferred, but a combination of education and applicable education/experience will be considered.
- Prefer 3-5 years of experience of developing Christian-based programs in a church or similar environment; however, will consider recent graduates.
- Must have the ability, as a leader, to multiply leaders
- Experience selecting age-appropriate program material such as books, videos and music.
- Experience coordinating/organizing day outreach events.
- Proficient in organization and computer skills.
- Excellent recruitment ability is a must.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Sunday is considered a workday.
- Able to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Willing to live in the Benton Community
Ministry of children on Sunday.
The Family Pastor with manage all aspects of the children’s ministry during Sunday services; including, budgeting and planning for family ministries, providing leadership, vision, direction and a safe environment for children ministries. Overseeing and
re-structuring the role of volunteer and recruiting strategies, developing a new, age-appropriate, Sunday morning celebration environment and small group activities.
The Family Pastor will engage in public relations and promotion of the Family Ministry model to the Benton community. This job will require the ability to organize age-specific special events outside of Sunday that children and families will want to invite
their friends to and be a part of themselves.
Coordination of family discipleship events.
The Family Pastor will develop opportunities to minister to the families of the church through the implementation of multiple programs. The goal would be to help parents feel equipped in the spiritual development of their children. Examples might include:
take home papers for family discussion on Sunday, occasional parenting seminars, small groups for parents with similar parenting challenges, etc.
Lead Pastor, Kirk Zimmerman
Please note: All inquirers wishing to submit a resume should also submit a cover letter detailing the reason(s) for applying, previous ministry experience & how it has prepared applicant for this position,
and any other pertinent information related to the applicant and this position.
We invite you to please check out our website at fowlerchristianchurch.com