To provide leadership and vision for Grace Community Church’s Outreach Ministries. This will include mobilizing toward evangelism, community engagement, and a global missions commitment, and leading staff and team members towards this objective.
Character: Spiritually mature believer in a vital, growing relationship with Christ expressed in a commitment to humble, servant leadership.
Chemistry: Committed to fulfill the mission and ministry goals of Grace Community Church by collaborating with staff and volunteer team members.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills expressed in proven ability to recruit, build, and release teams for significant ministry.
- Experience in shepherding staff and team members - church-based missions leadership or equivalent.
- Committed to and effective in lifestyle evangelism; catalytic to others living that way.
- Familiarity with outreach ministries - a nuanced understanding and plan for how outreach connects with personal discipleship and the mission of the Church; moving from charity to interdependent, mutual transformation in outreach/missions.
- Cross-cultural experience/intelligence - possesses a discernment gained through cultural interactions, exposure to, and experience in different cultures. Ability to navigate different cultures, to understand what our partners are looking for, and to make
wise decisions based on the goals to be accomplished. An expert in contextual missions.
- Educational background that includes study of missiology, theology, or inter-cultural studies. Understanding of the missional opportunities created by increased globalization and the movement of peoples as well as the urgency of fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Leadership experience with strategic development, ability to translate mission to practical strategies, people management and mobilization towards collective actions.
Culture: The Beyond Director will cultivate and participate in an environment that is:
- Self-initiating - identifying and sometimes anticipating potential new frontiers for mission and innovate approaches to entering them
- Dependable - executed ideas will have follow-through to the end
- Service-focused - collaborative with other ministries, seeking to advance mission in each of the ministries rather than being the gatekeeper
- Flexible and adaptive to unanticipated challenges
1) Lead creation, development, and
implementation of outreach strategies that capture Christ’s heart for the lost and call the body of GCC to engage in personal evangelism, local community impact, and global missions.
2) Mobilize GCC members to fully participate in God’s mission.
a) Cast Vision for participation in Great Commission work - invite and engage congregational outreach involvement, building communication channels with missionaries and partners on the field as well as engaging the congregation on the mission
through education, training, inspiration, and promotion.
b) Collaborate with key ministries to identify, develop, and send out future missionaries.
3) Provide pastoral care and connection to Grace missionaries in partnership with Focus Area leaders.
4) Build healthy, reciprocal partnerships, and empower lead teams to innovate ways to engage Grace’s existing focus areas more deeply.
5) Recruit, empower, and shepherd healthy BEYOND leadership teams in focus areas, local engagement, and personal evangelism. This requires a willingness to give ministry away to volunteers and staff,
and an ability to tie mission strategy back to its biblical-theological moorings.
6) Develop and shepherd Short-term Missions Coordinator and Community Coordinator and an evangelism team.
a) Participate in staff life, develop and sustain relationships and community.
b) Grow in knowledge and experience to become the resident “expert” on outreach and trends in evangelism, global and local mission.
Reports directly reports to the Impact Director.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume to Tracy Namie at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 8200 Old Columbia Road, Fulton, MD 20759.