First Baptist Church of Harvester
Job Title: Generations Worship Leader
Department: Generations Staff
Reports To: Generations Pastor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
SUMMARY: The Generations Worship Leader, as a member of the Generations Team and FBCH Ministry Staff, will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight of all worship environments for both student and college-age ministries. Healthy,
fruit-bearing ministry will be dependent on his ability to develop and effectively lead teams in both of these ministry areas. He is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, cooperation, encouragement, prayer support and other
appropriate ways, as he serves Christ at FBCH.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership through various styles of music, creating environments that allow students to participate in worship.
- Continue to learn and grow as a worshiper by using various means to stay current and fresh.
- Recruit, develop/equip, and guide students spiritually as they use their talents/gifts to participate in worship.
- Oversee all mid-week gatherings, as well as camps, retreats, and mission trips by providing appropriate worship experiences for each environment.
- Responsible for training, developing, valuing, working with and caring for students who play or sing on the worship team.
- Coordinates and organizes all music used in the student and college-age ministries.
- Schedule band practices, training opportunities, and assign weekly duties for each worship environment.
- Represent the Generations Ministry well to our team leaders, parents, students, and church.
- Represent Christ, the Church, and the Generations Ministry well to our Community.
- A committed Christ Follower.
- Skilled musician with the ability to lead and teach others.
- A teachable, and an enthusiastic learner.
- At the church for regular worship services and special services.
- Attends all staff meetings, retreats, and conferences as directed.
- Maintains flexible working hours as determined by the needs of the ministry.
- Stays current with ministry trends.
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
- Begin and end projects within reasonable timeframe.
- Proficient with current technology and communication tools.
- Knowledgeable concerning relevant legal and ethical issues.
- Aligned with organizational vision, goals, values, and policies.
- Works well with others and within a team.
- A Christ Follower who spends time in prayer and bible study on a daily basis.
- Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
- Passion for the gospel and the local church.
- Strong work ethic and desire to lead spiritual transformation.
- Caring heart and commitment to help heal those who are hurting and broken.
- Maintains confidentiality.
Gifts, Skills, and Talents
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively, and proactively.
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
- Minimum 2 years experience in leading worship.
- Experience in church-based ministry.
- Experience developing and leading worship teams.
EDUCATION: Additional Education/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires sitting and viewing a computer monitor for extended periods
of time, manual dexterity, bending, stooping, walking, reaching, light lifting (20 pounds), good hearing, voice control and good vision. The noise level and the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this position, please send:
- Your Resume
- Audio or Video of you leading worship
- Social Media or Blog
to Dan Gould at email@example.com