Worship Lead Part-time 20-hrs week
The worship Leader is a spiritual and organizational leader who overseas the worship ministries of The Tabernacle. Oversight of the worship ministry of The Tabernacle includes but is not limited to leading our diverse community worship; implementation of
The Tabernacle’ s vision, mission, and strategy in the worship area; crafting the themes for each service in conjunction with the Lead Pastor; training and nurturing team members while working with various groups throughout the church to use music and the
arts of worship. Ensuring each worship service is led in such a way that the congregation has an opportunity for an authentic encounter with God’s presence.
Required Personal Qualifications:
- Have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal savior
- Believe that the Bible is God’s word and a standard for faith and daily living
- Be in whole-hearted agreement with the Tabernacle’s Statement of Faith, mission and vision
- Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech and actions toward others
- Be a member in good standing at The Tabernacle, have spiritual maturity
- Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, ?kindness, self-control, perseverance and punctuality
- Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity and optimism
- Maintain a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of modesty, good taste, and ?agreement with The Tabernacle church policy and covenant decree
- Use acceptable English in written and oral communication, exercise leadership abilitie
- Respectfully submit and be loyal to constituted authority
- Notify the administration of any policy he/she is unable to support
- Refuse to use or circulate confidential information inappropriately
- Atleast two years of experience in a church environment in a worship team leading position
- Ability to recruit and train volunteers and build a team
- Heart for spiritual formation of those in the congregation and worship team
- Assist and support the Senior Pastor in fulfilling the vision the Lord has given him for the church.
- Plan and coordinate a modern service in partnership with the Lead Pastor and the Senior Staff.
- Develop the Worship Department, including choir, musicians, singers, dramas, & concerts.
- Work closely with the Media Director and Creative Team.
- Provide pastoral care and ministry to the members of the worship team.
- Manage the budget and resources of the Worship Department.
- Facilitate and resource worship in other departments as needed.
- Assist the Pastoral Staff in “Pastor of the Day” responsibilities as well as other pastoral duties ?such as counseling, pastoral care, visitation, etc. as needed and/or requested by the Lead Pastor.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in operating sound, lighting, computers, Pro ?Presenter, Planning Center, and video production
- Assist in planning and implementation of new worship experiences with modern, contemporary ?and traditional styles of worship music and formats
- Lead in some form if spiritual formation at every rehearsal and Sunday morning service
- Committed to ongoing personal and professional growth
- Must have strong vocal skills and a teachable heart
Please email resumes and links to examples of you leading worship to: email@example.com