If you hate to see people miss their God-given potential because no one will help them find their unique place in Christ’s body, you may love this position. Our full-time Director of Connections will create a culture of hospitality that warmly welcomes guests
and connects new and existing members into small groups and ministry areas where they can grow and serve. As a growing church of 1,200 in weekly attendance, we are seeking someone who wants to join a great team, have fun, and passionately champion the benefits
of being connected in the body of Christ.
- A tested love for God, a humble spirit, and a commitment to prayer as a deeply devoted disciple of Jesus.
- Deep affinity with the mission, vision, and core values of Springfield First United Methodist Church.
- Heart for ministry demonstrated by the ability to work with a diverse group of people in a church ministry setting.
- Creative leadership that solves problems by finding new solutions and proactively seeks opportunities for growth and change.
- Experience in training, empowering, and managing teams of volunteers.
- Ability to plan, develop, and manage multiple projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept in social media including websites, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Proven experience as a self-starter with ability to work with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or three years ministry experience in hospitality ministry or three years management experience with marketing and customer relations.
- Create a culture of hospitality that warmly welcomes guests at weekend services and during the week.
- Connect newcomers and long-time members to appropriate small groups, classes, and serving opportunities that match their interests, spiritual maturity, and spiritual gifts.
- Recruit, equip and mobilize volunteers, develop teams, and build structures for maximum participation and engagement in the church family.
- Oversee weekend hospitality ministries (greeters, ushers, welcome center, and refreshment hosts).
- Effectively manage budgets.
If this connects with you and Christ’s leading in your life, please send your resume to our Executive Director, Lana Salomonson at email@example.com or call 217.793.9760, ext. 230.