Good Shepherd UMC is seeking a half time Worship Leader for our Contemporary Worship Service and Youth Praise Team. The successful candidate will have experience being a principle worship leader in a large service setting and be proficient in voice along
with guitar, keys or both. Job responsibilities will include:
- Consult with Senior Pastor/Preaching Pastor on sermon series, scriptures, and special events requiring worship leadership.
- Develop orders of worship and technical scripts that correspond with the preaching plan for the 10:45am service of worship
- Present all orders of worship and technical scripts to the worship staff during weekly worship planning meeting.
- Arrange and prepare all music/charts and on-screen lyrics for worship prior to weekly rehearsal.
- Coordinate band members and singers for each week’s worship team prior to weekly rehearsal.
- Send all materials and planning in advance to prepare for an effective rehearsal time.
- Lead a well-planned rehearsal each week on Tuesday nights (7-9pm).
- Coordinate with sounds and media team members to prepare technical aspects of worship prior to Sunday morning.
- Send regular reminders of expectations and plans for worship.
- Recruit, train, and manage all volunteers and staff members.
- Develop a visioning/planning team to seek opinions and guidance from musicians and worshipers.
- Develop a strong sense of “team” in all activities.
- Cast a vision for growth and development in line with the Senior Pastor’s direction.
- Maintain accurate records of copyright and licensing for internal and external audits.
- Manage contemporary worship budget and off-budget accounts.
- Train, resource and rehearse Youth Praise Band composed of Jr. and Sr. High Youth.
Information about Good Shepherd can be seen at www.goodchurch.us. Please send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org