Faith Church, a growing United Methodist congregation in North Central Pennsylvania, is looking for a Director of Student Ministries to lead us into God's future for our community. Averaging just under 600 in 3 worship services each weekend, we have an
active ministry with students involving 80 5th-12th graders in two settings (Club FINS for grades 5-7 and FSM for grades 8-12)! We are looking for a passionate and energetic leader to oversee this growing area of ministry as we seek to help more students
and their families connect, grow, serve and go.
Find out more about Faith Church at www.faithum.net.
Interested applicants and inquiries should submit a cover letter, resume, references, and any other pertinent information to:
Attention: Director of Student Ministries
Larry Leland, Lead Pastor
Faith United Methodist Church
700 Fairview Drive
Montoursville, PA 17754
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Dir. of Student Ministries
Title: Director of Student Ministries
Purpose: The Director of Student Ministries shall be a committed Christian who helps students, their families and adult leaders connect, grow, serve and go by overseeing the congregation’s ministries with and for students in grades
Responsible To: Lead Pastor
Hours: Full-Time, served as necessary by the needs of Student Ministries at Faith Church, and under the direction of the Lead Pastor.
Description of Duties:
- Oversee and equip a team of safe-sanctuaries trained volunteers to lead various aspects of Faith Student Ministries.
- Provide opportunities, with the team, for students in grades 5-12 to participate in worship, ministry, discipleship, fellowship and evangelism.
- Work to evangelize, build relationships, teach, mentor and counsel students.
- Work to bring families into the church by reaching out to students and by assisting parents in the spiritual and moral formation of their children.
- Develop student leaders.
- Teach regular Bible studies, as well as offer additional discipleship opportunities, including leading Confirmation classes for students in grades 7 and up.
- Plan and provide resources for programs, curriculum, events and activities
- Plan and lead a bi-annual Youth Mission Trip
- Plan and lead retreats, events and trips designed to help students connect, grow, serve and go.
- Oversee Faith Church’s implementation of the Safe Sanctuaries policy.
- Work with Lead Pastor to determine short-term and long-term goals for the church’s ministries with students and their families.
- Develop and oversee budget and expenditures for student ministries.
- Serve as member of Leadership Team with other key staff.