Please email Production@calvaryccm.com for an Employement Application:
This Full Time (40-50+ hours) position is responsible to minister to the body of Calvary Chapel Melbourne and other audiences through lighting design and understands, supports and has excitement to share the mission of CCM through Live Video Production.
The individual must seek to be a positive catalyst in cultivating a dynamic environment within the team which include Production staff members and volunteers. This person must be flexible and have the ability to balance multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Planning/implementing a lighting plot, hanging the plot, and arranging any necessary rentals
- Programming light shows for all major events including Christmas, Easter productions, conferences, etc.
- Supervising volunteers in maintaining technical show quality in regards to lighting installations
- Responsible for expanding lighting programs for songs in service worship sets
- Attend rehearsals and train volunteers to execute the plot, or operate themselves, as well as troubleshoot any issues that may arise
- Operating/programming Jands Vista lighting consoles/software, show control equipment, and special effects
- Maintain Lighting budgets for projects and annual budget planning
- Travel to multiple campuses as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- BA Degree in Technical Theatre or have equivalent work experience in technical entertainment supervisory experience including lighting design and light board programming experience.
- Knowledge/experience working with various models of Jands Vista lighting consoles
- Work experience and also the ability to demonstrate technical knowledge in extensive lighting for television production
- Knowledge of current and emerging TV lighting technology, including DMX protocol
- Electrical knowledge of generator operation and power distribution
- Knowledge of grip and rigging skills
- Knowledge of Windows based plotting and drafting software
- Ability to generate creative visual concepts to enhance production
- Excellent interpersonal skill and team oriented; able to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Leadership experience to effectively build, lead and motivate a team.
- Ability to produce on-screen effects requested by Senior Director
- Be physically able to work at heights and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure is essential
- Flexible to accommodate production needs and available to work multiple and varying shifts
- Set design experience
- Mature and on-going relationship with Christ
- Regularly attend church services
- Servant heart and optimistic attitude
- Flexibility in dealing with people
- Self starting - can work with little supervision or direction
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications