Lead Pastor/Elder to serve the body of believers known as Sharon Woods Baptist Church and to help us complete our purpose of developing fully-devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Tha man God has called will be a strong and effective communicator, able to
develop a vision for the church, and grow/develop disciples. He should be passionate about his relationship with Christ as demonstrated by a daily devotional and prayer life and being full of the Spirit as evidenced by spiritual fruit. He should also be
a servant leader who has a love for families and a passion for evangelism (locally and globally).
- Meets Biblical standards as laid out in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Must be actively discipling.
- Able to develop and mentor leaders. Able to effectively delegate ministry tasks. (2Tim. 2:2)
- Gifted preacher/communicator. (Rom 10:14)
- Degreed individual with a preference for having attended seminary or has a seminary degree. (2 Tim. 2:15)
- Demonstrated faithful and fruitful ministry service, preference for experience as Pastor/Staff member. A "builder"--can take a small church (140) to a larger church. (Lk. 19: 12-27)
- Able to reach across diverse etnic, racial, and socioeconomic levels. (Jn. 4: 4-26)
- Relates well to individuals and groups of all ages. (Mt. 19:14, 1 TIm.5: 1-2)
- Good financial manager. (1Tim 3:3-4)
- In agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message (2000) http://www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp
- Responsible for overall general welfare of the church
- Conduct all worship services and mid-week Bible study
- Preside at all business meetings
- Ex-officio member of various committees
Church and Community Information
Sharon Woods Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist church with a weekly attendance averaging 140 people. The church is located in NE Columbus, Ohio in a diverse community in terms of ethnic, racial and socioeconomic factors. The congregation is comprised
of faithful members who love the Lord and are looking for God to move as we CONNECT with each other and our community, GROW in our faith, and GO share the Gospel. Our purpose is to develop fully-devoted followers of Christ. (Col. 1:28)