Position: Life/Small Groups Pastor
Categories: Discipleship, Leadership, Teaching
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Carlisle Evangelical Free Church (CEFC) is devoted to living "All of Life for Christ" Our philosophy of ministry revolves around three values:
Growing in Christ
Building Each Other Up
Sent out to Serve
Founded in 1985, and having moved into our present facility in 2001, we are just beginning a building campaign to complete the education wing, and are in the initial phases of becoming a multi-site ministry.
We are seeking to expand our Pastoral Staff with a Pastor of Life Groups to oversee our growing Life Groups Ministry, as well as our Learn and Live classes. Life Groups are the primary, intentional method of discipleship at CEFC. We are seeking someone
who can fully embrace our vision, and partner alongside of us. The position involves strategic oversight of the Life Groups ministry. The Life Groups Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the congregation is connecting with one another and building
community through a strong, healthy, and growing life group ministry. This includes development and execution of an annual growth plan, group leader identification and recruitment, Life Group curriculum development, and ongoing leadership and coaching of group
leaders, as well as other coaches who can assist in guiding group leaders.
We are committed to being a "priesthood of all believers", and equipping the saints is a priority to us, as we seek leaders to serve on our staff.
We are praying for a candidate whose life evidences a love for Christ, who holds scripture in the highest regard, and is excited to partner with the local church in the work of the Gospel. A candidate’s character should be in keeping with the character
expectations of an elder or deacon as found in 1 Timothy 3.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team in the development and growth of a strong Life Group ministry fostering community involvement and discipleship.
- Develop and maintain an annual plan that ensures continuous improvement and growth of Life Group involvement.
- Implement regular team leader and Life Group participant recruitment methods and processes ensuring a healthy Life Groups growth rate over time.
- Cast vision and provide follow up for learn and live classes, and help to organize classes including timing of launch, content, and training of teachers.
- Plan and execute regular Life Group connection events as a means of bridging the gap between assimilation and Life Groups.
- Developing and implementing a coaching model for Life Group leaders to ensure follow up and ability to multiply oneself.
- Plan and execute regular Life Group leader training and recognition events, ensuring the existence of a healthy body of Life Group leaders upon which to grow a strong Life Groups ministry.
- Assist in creating promotional materials and methods that ensure everyone at the church is aware of the Life Groups ministry area, its purpose and importance, and how to get connected.
- Identify, develop, and/or select Life Group curriculum and other Life Group study materials and tools.
- Work with Senior, Worship, and Executive Pastors to coordinate curriculum of Life Group materials with Preaching calendar and other vision initiatives within CEFC
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as needed.
- Assist in the development of an annual departmental budget and manage spending to budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years serving in a ministry leadership capacity, with strong experience and familiarity in Life/Small Group ministry. Applicants with exceptional leadership background with concurrent evidence of consistent, devoted
church service will be considered. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in biblical/theological studies or extensive ministry experience, is required. A Seminary Degree is preferred.
The successful applicant is a strong leader, with the ability to reproduce himself in others, and has proven work history managing/leading people who are in turn doing the same. The applicant will need a solid work ethic and ability to administrate as a
department head. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, is needed.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For further information, please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume, with your full name and "Life_Groups" saved in the title to firstname.lastname@example.org
Historic Carlisle Pennsylvania has a growing population of just over 18,000, with 50,000 plus in the surrounding communities, and is the county seat of Cumberland County. Forbes.com lists the Harrisburg-Carlisle region as number 2 on their "best regions
in the country for raising a family" list. Carlisle is located in beautiful South Central PA, and is a mere 30 minutes from the state Capital of Harrisburg. Located less than an hour away from Gettysburg, two and a half hours away from Washington DC and
Philadelphia, while still being nestled within a larger rural landscape you really can live in the best of both worlds.
Home to Dickinson College, Penn State Dickinson Law School, the Army War college, and a only 20 minutes away from Messiah College, Carlisle is a cultural and educational center with great accessibility to the larger cities near it, yet minutes away from
prime hunting, fishing, and outdoor activities.