Position Title: Communications and Multi-Media Coordinator
Job Description: St. John’s seeks someone to manage weekly communications such as the bulletin and multi-media presentations as well as to build our web and social media presence. The position
has room for growth and some flexibility in days.
A little about us:
West Los Angeles is a busy area filled with people longing for connection, for friendship, and often unknowingly, for God. Many are drawn from their over-filled lives to St. John’s like an oasis in the desert or a rest stop on a weary road that has become
a forever family and a diverse, multi-generational, spiritual home. As the Father sent Jesus into mission, so Jesus now sends us in the power of the Holy Spirit. Recognizing that our discipling relationships
inside the church can help us to reach people outside the church, our current near term goal is to connect more than 60% of our congregation with seekers and not-yet-believers through small groups which are intentionally equipping the congregation
for outreach and mission.
- Update and develop SJPC website as needed with text and multimedia content.
- Edit web content for grammar, spelling and style
- Create and post content to social media channels
- Oversight of all mass communications to the church to ensure a unified and professional voice to the ministries of the church [needs such as mass e-email communication, updating of online calendar, and proofreading as needed].
- Prepare PowerPoint/Keynote/Multi-Media presentations to accompany the Sunday morning worship service, including all praise songs and hymns, responsive readings, scripture, sermon outline, and announcements.
- Acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and support the church’s position on the Centrality of Christ, the Authority of Scripture, and the Life of Discipleship.
- Computer knowledge required: MS Office (including PowerPoint), proficient in PowerPoint, Keynote, and digital photo editing software (e.g., Photoshop). Skilled in email marketing (Constant Contact), and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Possesses a strong work ethic and a "can-do" attitude, with the ability to problem solve and create communications solutions for the church.
- Able to multi-task and work quickly with minimal supervision
- Exhibits excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Possesses both excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate with church members and staff clearly and concisely and with empathy and professionalism.
- If the position consistently requires more than 10 hours per week, it may not be right person for the position.
- Presence on the church campus Sunday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- A minimum of 4 hours in the office weekly
- A minimum of 2 hours at the Sunday Worship Service weekly
- A maximum of 6 absences from Sunday morning worship per year
- $8,000 (approx. $16/hour)