We are looking for the next leadership team partner to lead our children's ministry. The right person will have a passion for reaching families, the spiritual formation of children, and the church's impact on the community around us.
DETAILED MINISTRY DESCRIPTION
Bringing up children in the Christian faith is a vital ministry in the church. The children’s pastor establishes and oversees an effective children’s ministry to the church and works to provide an outreach to the children of the community.
- Reports directly to Lead Pastor.
- Leads, equips and empowers volunteer children’s ministry team.
- Coordinates with other members of the Hydrant Church ministry team regarding regular and special ministry needs, and events.
Description of duties
- Study and understand the spiritual and other developmental needs of children within the church and in the greater community the church serves.
- Coordinate ideas into a strategy to provide ministries to empower children to connect, fill, and overflow.
- Lead children’s spiritual development programs and ministries including worship, discipleship, outreach, activities, and nursery.
- Work with the lead pastor to determine short-term and long-term goals for the ministry.
- Recruit, train, and lead a willing and enthusiastic team of children’s workers.
- Mentor and develop other potential leaders for various aspects of ministry to children.
- Ensure that the church’s ministries for children run smoothly and with excellence.
- Prepare and administrate the annual children’s ministry budget.
- Assess and provide curriculum for children’s ministry programs as needed.
- Develop and maintain appropriate safety and security guidelines for children’s ministry programs, including criminal background checks for team members and volunteers.
- Remain current on children’s ministry techniques and strategies to implement as appropriate.
- Follow-up with guest families with young children
- Support and lead participation in district event such as camps and retreats for children.
- Coordinate childcare for special church events.
- Participate with the ministry team (staff team) in leading the ministry of the church.
- Participate in a secondary area of ministry dependent upon passions, gifts, and skills.
Forty or more hours per week.
75% in primary role
25% in secondary role
Training and resources
Attend appropriate district and regional seminars and workshops on children’s ministry
Participate in leadership training and meetings
Two journal subscriptions related to the field
- Bachelor’s degree desired, but not required.
- Volunteer, intern, or paid ministry experience with children.
- Demonstrated experience leading small to medium-sized teams.
- Ability to relate to and work with students, as well as adult ministry partners.
- Ability to develop leaders, coordinate volunteers and teach children.
- Love for children
- Passion for mentoring children and volunteers in a growing connection with Christ.
- Enthusiasm, good people skills, and proven administrative abilities.
- Experience in creative arts, such as music or theater, would be a plus.
- Must endorse and support Hydrant Church’s mission, vision, core values and statement of faith. Willingness to join Hydrant Church membership.
Values and Attitudes
- An authentic heart for God in honest pursuit of a holy life demonstrated in a Christ-like attitude in words and actions
- Team – oriented
- Relational leader
- Life-long Learner
- Self-starting—able to work independently little direction.
- Organized and prompt.
- Pursues excellence in everything
Benefits to the Worker
Joy of contributing to the spiritual growth of children in the church, and inviting unchurched children to commit their lives to Jesus; helping others develop the gifts of teaching and learning as a part of a vibrant innovative church.