Pastor of Worship
Position Description: The Worship Pastor position exists to lead Brookside Church in authentic and dynamic worship and provide creativity, coaching, and teaching to the worship teams.
Classification: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
Accountable to: Lead Pastor
- Acknowledge Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior
- Demonstrate personal maturity and godliness, growing in conformity to the image of Christ.
- Become a member of Brookside Church.
- Submit to the Brookside Church Vision and Statement of Faith in the Constitution.
- Leads worship out of an intimate relationship with Christ.
- Meets the spiritual qualifications of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Submit to authority of Lead Pastor and Elder Board.
- Possess the heart of a pastor – not just the skills of a band leader or musician.
- Possess a passion and commitment to multi-generational worship that is inclusive, but designed for the vision-based target audience.
- Passionate about leading worship in a family-oriented, multi-generational church, and who can position us for future ministry to young families.
- Preferred five years experience as a worship pastor.
- Maintain open communication with Elder of Worship.
Worship Experience (40%)
- Lead worship as a worshipper, a pastor, a theologian, and a musician.
- Pastor and lead people to encounter God in worship, and not just lead the band.
- The lead worshiper creates energy, life, and enthusiasm by example.
- Responsible for planning and leading weekly corporate worship
- Lead the worship planning process, in coordination with the Lead Pastor, in order to create, evaluate, and improve weekly worship services (including series graphics, lower third titles, series promo videos) that keeps the theme at the forefront.
- Stay connected with the latest in worship technology and maintain high quality of production.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor in creating an effective flow of each service, well in advance, that keeps the theme at the forefront.
- Work alongside with the Lead Pastor and Creative Team to give input of creative tools to enhance each worship experience.
- Integrate various creative elements into worship services, such as, videos, testimonies, and prayer.
- Oversee stage design and worship technology equipment to provide effective tools that facilitate and enhance worship according to the vision-based target audience.
- Assist the Creative Team in implementing creative elements and content of all supporting technical aspects including audio, visual, lighting, etc…
- Develop detailed 5-year A.V.L./Technical plan including dollars per year.
- Identify, recruit, and develop future worship leaders according to the Three Levels of Involvement system.
- Communicate the roles of each worship volunteer well in advance and weekly.
- Philosophy: Create and strategize a visible philosophy for the Worship Ministry.
- Excellence: Create a culture of excellence among the Worship teams. Create a strategic volunteer/audition plan.
- Recruit: Actively recruit and train volunteers according to Three Levels of Involvement strategy.
- Budget: Propose and manage an approved budget throughout the year.
- Staff Meetings: Attend Staff meetings as an active participant.
- Worship Planning: Create a rotating schedule of volunteers and communicate pertinent info with goals. Provide Planning Center document for each service to each volunteer.
- Music: Prepare all music (Lead Sheets, Musical Charts) for the worship team. Incorporate tracks and clicks. Create evolving playlist of current, target audience related music.
- Stage Set Up: Make sure stage is completely set for practice on Thursday and for Sunday following.
- Other: Assist as needed in other areas of ministry alongside staff.
Discipleship and Coaching (20%)
- Music: Discipleship through musical training of worship volunteers. Oversee and create methods for worship volunteers to advance their skill on their chosen craft according to the Three levels of Involvement
- Community: Create and implement methods to create providential relationships among worship volunteers.
- Shepherding: Invest in the worship volunteers lives. Build close friendships as possible to move from Positional leadership to Permission.
Other Responsibilities (10%)
- Special Services: Plan and lead periodic special services; such as, Good Friday and Christmas Eve.
- Staff Team: Attend required meetings and gatherings as required.
- Community Servant: Manage any event (weddings, funerals, etc…), weekday or weekend that utilizes the worship center.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge of music and various instruments. The ability to sing, play a lead instrument.
- Proficient knowledge of audio/visual engineering and products.
- Proficient knowledge of lighting, cameras, video, and media.
- Ability to become proficient in software programs relevant to production needs.
- Ability to create and/or utilize clicks and tracks to enhance the worship experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Personable and coachable.
- Self-discipline, spiritual, physical and emotional health is important.
- Confident in stage presence and public speaking.
- Spiritual gifts of leadership, humility, creativity, administration.
- Creative and innovative, and can bring freshness and variety to our worship experience.
- Teach and create a culture of reproducing worshippers.
Please submit your resume along with at least a couple of links to videos of you leading worship (youtube, vimeo, etc...) to email@example.com.