Our Lead Pastor should first know in his spirit by the Holy Spirit the Lord’s calling to this position specifically. The Lead Pastor should have a Servant’s Heart serving as Jesus, our ultimate model of a Servant Leader.
Expectations of our Lead Pastor
1) Agree with the Assembly of God “Four Core Doctrines” and “Fundamental Truths” found on “Beliefs” tab on http://ag.org/top/search.cfm# link, and is an ordained minister with the Assemblies of God.
2) Be 100% devoted to and unashamed of the Word of God, such that messages, personal life, and leadership Inspire passion for Jesus, His Kingdom, and obedience to the Word of God, especially in the face of cultural opposition to Word of God.
3) Be Baptized in Holy Spirit with evidence of tongues and have a true personal anointing and fire of the Holy Spirit for ministry
4) Be sensitive to and operate in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, the gifts of the Holy Spirit and in the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
5) Be an articulate, and inspiring preacher/teacher of the Word and able to preach/teach in various ways, for example, textual, topical, expository, narrative, and in ways that are challenging and relevant.
6) Be a visionary, able to cast God-given vision for South Hills Assembly of God and its ministries, be able to communicate it effectively, and able to motivate the Pastoral Team, support staff, and Congregation to actively support the vision.
7) Be a Team Builder, committed to growing and allowing for the growth of other members of the Team to their fullest potential, valuing creativity, self-motivation, team work, and viewing Pastoral and lay staff as valued members of the Team who, individually and collectively, are men and women called of God, and to foster mutual respect between the entire Team
8) Able to function as a CEO and provide oversight to ensure financial health directed to carrying out the vision of the church
9) Have a heart for and commitment to:
- Build a ministry Team that will reach and minister to all ages in our church, from infants, children, youth, young adults, and adults of all ages, recognizing that they are the future generation of not only our church, but of the Body of Christ
- Growing the church spiritually and numerically to be all that God has purposed for South Hills Assembly of God and its Congregation
- Work collaboratively with the church board and staff to fulfill the vision of the church
- Support missions and mission outreaches as a core value
- Support Christian education as a core value, and be committed to the growth and support of our church school, Hillcrest Christian Academy
- Support outreach to the community in benevolence, counseling, mentoring, etc., such services as are provided by Compassion Connection and other ministries of the Church
- To resolve conflict in a Biblical Way and to promote reconciliation and healing within the congregation, and have a proactive approach to identifying challenges or areas of conflict to offer creative, thoughtful resolution approaches.
1) Education: Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university
Master’s Degree in ministry-related studies is preferred
2) Age: Minimum of 35 years of age
- Minimum years of Pastoral experience: 10 years
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a growing church having a congregation of at least 300, such experience to include:
- Administration and leading multiple pastoral staff and lay person employees.
- Managing budget and finances.
For more information, please visit our website at www.southhillsassembly.org and click "Transistion" on our home page
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lead PastorFirst Baptist Church of Dayton, OH
- Dayton, Ohio
- October 24
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
PastorOpen Door Ministries
- Long Beach, California
- October 17
King's Harbor Church - Lead PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Torrance, California
- October 14
Campus PastorCrossroads Community Church
- Freeport, Illinois
- October 13
South Hills Assembly of God
In August of 1965, seventeen dedicated pioneers desired to plant a new church in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA, that would emphasize the Pentecostal work of the Holy Spirit for today. In August of 1965, they met in a home in Castle Shannon and became the charter members of South Hills Assembly of God under the lay leadership of George and Phyllis Applegate.
On August 24, 1965, another group of pioneers met in a prayer meeting of the mother church of Bethel Assembly of God to believe for the same endeavor to More...