The Chaplain is a full member of the healthcare team who provides for the pastoral needs of clients, families, and staff. The Chaplain, through professional training and certification, assists in understanding of life events related to spiritual and emotional well-being. The chaplain may offer prayer or reflection.
- Address the spiritual needs of patients and families to which they are open to intervention.
- Assist in understanding mortuary services and planning funerals/memorials.
- Attend patient care conferences, meetings and other applicable meetings and in-services.
- Attend Agency events.
- Be present at time of death, if requested and feasible.
- Complete Bereavement Risk Assessments according to procedural guidelines.
- Document the initial assessment and successive contacts with the patient/family.
- Interface with the patient/family’s own clergyman, rabbi or congregation, as requested.
- Provide spiritual resources of as chosen by the patient and family.
- Raise the possibility of spiritual needs of the patient and family and to report interventions.
- Offer a spiritual opening at the beginning of interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Provide direct spiritual counsel, prayer and ritual to patients and their families.
- Provide literature and spiritual resources.
- Participate in the patient/family problem-oriented care plan.
- Represent a spiritual presence and connection with the religious/spiritual roots of the hospice movement.
- Ordained and endorsed minister, priest, rabbi or a member of a religious order preferred or lay person with certified training in pastoral care.
- Personal and professional experience working with death and dying.
- Familiar and comfortable working with varied spiritual/religious practices.
- Computer proficiency
- CPR Required
Interested parties should apply by clipping their resume into the body of an email. If interested send email to employment @ hospicevalley.org. The title of the email should read as follows, "Lastname, Firstname Chaplain". Hospice of the Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Hospice of the Valley
Hospice of the Valley exists to support patients and their families during one of life’s most challenging – yet most meaningful – times. As a serious illness progresses, patients and families realize that every moment is precious. At Hospice of the Valley, we work to help patients and families enjoy life to the fullest of their abilities, helping them create more cherished moments and memories together. We also honor their wishes, providing support they need to live each day with dignity and hope. With more than 30 years of More...