The Student Ministry Director at Carolina Forest Community Church serves as the primary shepherd/leader over the Family Ministry programs that serve 5th through 12th grades, as well as the college student demographic. This includes determining ministry structures and
setting specific direction for these programs. He will build, equip, inspire and lead a team of volunteers to disciple the next generation of leaders in Christ. He must be a strong communicator specifically gifted in the area of connecting with students and
where they are in life and their spiritual journey. We are not just looking for someone to do ministry but someone who can build a team and equip others to lead. Additionally, he must be a self-motivated, creative, high-energy leader to guide the next generation
from our community to a rich and authentic relationship with Jesus.
The successful candidate, and his family (if applicable), is expected to be Jesus centered. He will have the heart of a servant and a strong calling to student ministry. As part of the CFCC staff family, the Student Ministry Director will be expected to contribute
to the programs and plans for the entire church while focused specifically on the following responsibilities:
- Develop a team that is fully qualified to serve the Lord by serving one another. Ephesians 4:11-13
- Identify, invite, train and empower volunteers to provide leadership within the Student Ministry.
- Serve as the primary leader and teacher for our ministry to students and their families and oversee all volunteers within the Student Ministry.
- Invest in the lives of students throughout the week, building relationships with them in the most effective way possible.
- Oversee high school and middle school services, including sound, lights and video through volunteers.
- Act as the primary organizer of Student Ministry small groups.
- Meet with key volunteers on a regular basis to evaluate High School, Middle School and College programming.
- Plan outside activities (i.e. camps, social events, etc.)
- Participate in staff meetings and any other meetings as required by eldership.
- Create systems and events to thank and appreciate Student Ministry volunteers.
- Recognize first-time guests by sending a follow-up card to the home of each family.
- Oversee communication between the church, students and families.
- Organize parent meetings (minimum of twice a year) and provide resources for families as needed.
- Communicate with other student ministry leaders/pastors to gain insight and develop ways to improve the effectiveness of the student ministry.
- Schedule, book and follow up with supplemental student communicators in your absence.
- Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as scheduled.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
This position requires experience in a student ministry leadership capacity. Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in is preferred (extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted). A working knowledge of creative programming related to student
programs and special events is a real plus.
Reports To: Family Pastor
Category: Regular Full-Time
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: $33,000 - $37,000 (based on experience, education, and ability)