Children’s Ministries Director
Job Title: Children’s Ministries Director
Location: 2210 SW 15th Ave. Perryton, Texas
Church Affiliation: Non-denominational; multi-campus; mission focused
Reports to: Senior Pastor
The Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry at Community Worship Center.
Specifically, the Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for Sunday Morning Classes and Kids Worship (Nursery-5th grade), Wednesday Kids Clubs, VBS, Special Events, and Childcare.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
• Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in the faith.
• Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
• Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Community Worship Center.
• Proven expertise in administration.
• Reliable, trustworthy, self starter, and excellent at following through on details.
• Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
• Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality. • Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
• Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers.
• Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security.
• Proven ability to achieve results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• To provide leadership to the Children’s Ministries (CM) team: Helps to develop and implement the vision for children’s ministries in collaboration with the Senior Pastor and Leadership Team.
• Provides strategic leadership and planning initiatives for CM staff.
• Sets direction and trains CM staff and volunteers.
• Offers pastoral care and encouragement of CM staff and volunteers.
• Develops processes necessary for effective CM operations (e.g.: check-in).
• Responsible for CM budget and financial oversight.
• Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum.
• Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed.
• Responsible for all staffing of CM (including training).
• Manage communications between ministries that interact with CM.
• Develop and implement all safety and security processes for CM.
• Oversee and implement all programming for CM.
• Coordinate family events and camps for CM parents and families.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Minimum of 5 years commensurate experience
• Reports to the Senior Pastor.
• Supervises and directs Children’s Ministries staff.
• Works closely with all areas of ministries within Community Worship Center.
Please make application by emailing your resume to Pastor Mike Waterbury at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls.