We have created a unique opportunity for one or two individuals to be the primary leader(s) of our student ministries, while gaining invaluable ministry experience in a mentoring environment. Our church has stepped out in faith by transitioning our previous
Pastor of Student Ministries out of his direct leaership of the youth group to build a new ministry and worship service for young adults and young families. Therefore, we are looking for one or two individuals (male or female) to lead our student ministries.
We value having consistency and longevity with our students because many already deal with enough feelings of abandonment in our culture. With this in mind, we have a strong team of volunteers who have been in our students lives for years. Over the last 3-4
years we have been moving our student and children's ministries progressively more into the Orange Strategy. For those seminary or college students training to be pastors we could do what is necessary to make this position fill internship requirements too.
We are praying for someone(s) who can come in, grow with this position, and consistently embody the love of Jesus to young people.
Associated with Transformation Ministries (www.transmin.org), we are striving to grow in living missionally and incarnating our faith to our neighbors. We live by the four values: Connect with God, Care for One Another, Carryout the Mission, and Communicate
the Faith. Our website is: www.fbriv.org
1. Lead midweek youth group: including teaching, planning games, and preparing the small group material for our volunteers.
2. Coordinate Sunday morning High School Serve time & middle school gathering.
3. Plan monthly special events.
4. Coordinate the development (recruitment and training) of ministry teams needed to effectively minister to the students of FBC Riverside, including the Youth Leadership Team of adult volunteers.
5. Participate weekly in church staff and student ministries team meetings.
6. Organize and coordinate the efforts necessary to successfully accomplish our annual major youth group trips: winter camp, summer camp, and summer mission trip.
7. Participate in one of our weekend adult worship services.
8. Regularly do relational ministry to the students and volunteer teams in informal ways that are beyond regularly scheduled student programs.
9. Manage and allocate the annual student ministries budget.
Time Commitment: 25 hours per week
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Pastor Tim at email@example.com.