CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
LOCAL CHURCH IN AUSTIN, TX
Date posted: 03.10.2015
Categories: Church Staff – Graphic/Creative
Church size: 2000-2500
Job Type: Full-time (40-50hrs/week)
Job Description: Creative Graphic Designer
Purpose of the position:
We are seeking a full-time Creative Graphic Designer to be a part of our Creative Team. The position requires a fast turn-around of all print, digital and web deliverables including sermon series, stage design, social media, weekly programs, events, and
more. Must be able to thrive in the tension of excellence and short turnaround times. Candidate must be able to work individually and in a team environment. This employee will work under the supervision of the Director of Worship Arts.
Qualifications / Requirements / Responsibilities:
- 3-5 years experience in graphic design
- Ability and willingness to be collaborative and to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Produce and create print and digital graphics for message series, events, ministries, web, social media, etc.
- Cultivate and maintain vendor relationships
- Must be willing to work weekends
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined
- Ability to execute and cope with ambiguity
- Strong organizational skills, understands importance of processes and time management
- Ability and willingness to accept and execute changes required by Director of Worship Arts & Senior Pastor
- Macintosh Platform Proficiency
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- To be determined based on the qualifications and experience of the individual hired.
Benefits to Person:
- Positive Working Environment
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- Funded Health Savings Account
- Retirement plan with matching
- Paid time off
Basic Personal Responsibilities:
- Uphold biblical priorities in life, in the order outlined below:
- Growing personally in your relationship with Christ
- Relationship with spouse (if married)
- Relationship with children (if applicable)
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church
- Financially support the works of the church
Other Personal Responsibilities:
- Be a good steward with the resources God has provided to our church.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify God and further the vision of our church.
- Serve at a level that demonstrates a high degree of loyalty to the Senior Pastor and the vision of our church
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with Christ through committed Bible study and prayer.
- Willing to work through others and build a strong volunteer base, willing to embrace the vision and values of our church.
- Must understand biblical authority and able to operate under the leadership team of the church.