Pacific Crossroads Church is seeking a full-time Children’s Ministry Coordinator to serve our Downtown LA worship site. The Downtown Children’s Ministry Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of operational setup and breakdown for
the Downtown Children’s Ministry. This includes supporting families so that parents will know how to live out the gospel at home as well as lead and grow their children’s spiritual development. The Downtown Children’s Ministry Coordinator will also lead, administer,
promote, and manage Children’s Ministry volunteer opportunities and recruitment.
- Hire and train all paid staff.
- Supervise, develop, and care for Children’s Ministry staff.
- Coordinate volunteer schedules and rosters.
- Communicate operational changes or general updates to volunteers.
- Train all Downtown Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Manage and track vacation/sick days.
- Submit payroll to Accounts Payable.
- Oversee recruiting for all Children’s Ministries and create a systematic recruiting process and structure.
- Meet personally with anyone who wants to serve in the Children’s Ministry for an interview as well as relationship building and Q&A.
- Manage children’s safety, health, and/or discipline issues that arise on Sundays.
- Coordinate with setup team to ensure correct Children’s Ministry setup/breakdown each Sunday.
- Greet and direct families. Identify opportunities to welcome and integrate new/visiting families.
- Maintain safety and security procedures.
- Continually seek to optimize learning environment.
- Oversee all special events for Downtown Children’s Ministry programming, including, but not limited to, Christmas party, Easter Sunday, special Children’s Ministry worship performances, family outreach events, etc.
- Care for families and help connect families with each other.
- Cultivate parental committees and volunteer opportunities in conjunction with Spiritual Formation pastor.
- Provide resources for parents (e.g., books, conferences, seminars).
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of Pacific Crossroads Church (Colossians 3:23,24).
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
- Be a member of Pacific Crossroads Church, or plan to become one within two months of employment.
To apply, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.