CENTRAL CHURCH IS…
A vibrant, highly engaged family of approximately 2,000 believers with a long history of effective ministry for Jesus Christ. Central Church has a unique legacy in the City of Memphis. Under the direction of the Holy Spirit, Central has blazed a trail in ministry to multiple generations and people groups, both locally and around the world. Yet, we are certain our first 118 years are just a prelude to what God has in store for us! We eagerly anticipate the arrival of our pastor who will provide the leadership and strategy to help us fulfill God’s vision for the church.
The Lead Pastor is a member of the Central Church Elders and works in collaboration with the Elder Board to lead the Church. All Elders, including the Lead Pastor, are accountable to the collective Elder Board.
The Lead Pastor will provide the primary leadership, teaching, shepherding, and direction of Central Church in its mission to glorify God by reaching the lost, connecting with others, equipping the saints, and sharing the Gospel.
The Lead Pastor is one who is called by God to shepherd, lead, and direct Central Church in fulfilling God’s vision for the Church. The primary objectives for Lead Pastor are:
- Teach, train, and equip the church body for ministry using the Bible as the ultimate authority.
- Discern and communicate God’s vision for the Church and provide the leadership and direction to implement it and see it accomplished.
- Promote evangelism and motivate others for outreach locally, nationally, and globally.
- Be responsible for the spiritual health and development of Church staff and volunteers.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
In fulfilling the primary objectives, the Lead Pastor will have several responsibilities and duties:
- Deliver God’s message approximately 40 weeks each year, ensuring biblically-based messages are delivered with passion and excellence.
- Lead by example through Biblical servanthood and humility, modeling relationship-building and encouraging people to connect and relate effectively with each other.
- Set the strategic direction of the Church, and work with the Elders and staff to execute the strategy and achieve mutually-agreed upon measurable goals that align with the Church’s mission and vision.
- Ensures pastoral care activities are carried out, such as counseling, visitation, discipline, Baptism, Communion, and baby dedications.
- Teach and model a lifestyle that will inspire, motivate, and challenge the Church to be missional, to build an evangelistic mindset, and to be more effective in sharing our faith.
- Place a high priority on empowering the Church to fulfill the Great Commission through outreach, discipleship, and evangelism.
- Lead and oversee the staff, continually evaluating the effectiveness of personnel and programs.
- Assist in developing and promoting creative methods that inspire members to use their spiritual gifts to advance the mission of the Church.
- Work with the staff to provide input in developing the Church’s annual budget and present the budget for review and approval by the Elders each August.
As one of the Elders, the Lead Pastor must fulfill the qualifications of Elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. The Lead Pastor will also demonstrate several of the following characteristics:
- Fully surrendered to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrates a passionate, heartfelt love for people with a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Displays a humble, authentic, and teachable spirit.
- Lives a personal and family lifestyle based on biblical truth, personal spiritual development, and Stewards his personal finances, relationships, time, and health well.
- Committed to personal and spiritual growth through regular prayer and the practice of other spiritual disciplines, as well as continuing education.
- Relies on God’s Word as the primary source for guidance, ensures the Word is exalted, and has a solid theological grasp of Scripture.
- Possesses strong communication and relational skills that enable him to connect effectively with others.
- Believes he is called by God to be the Lead Pastor and to use his gifts and abilities to be all that God has called him to be in this role.
- Graduate degree from a recognized evangelical seminary or school of theology or the ability to demonstrate the equivalent education or experience
- Experience leading a multi-staff
- Theological beliefs consistent with Central’s Doctrinal Statement (available at www.centralchurch.com/the-good-news)
Rob Lauer, President and Founder
Rob has over 20 years of executive search and recruiting experience. In addition to placing executives in companies with revenues exceeding $10 billion, Rob has been a pastor, a college basketball coach, a business executive, and a recruiter for international corporations. Combining his experience gained from ministry, business, recruiting and coaching, he is retained to assess organizations’ strengths and weaknesses, develop staffing strategies, and provide insights focused on maximizing their effectiveness. Rob’s passion is to serve his clients by introducing them to pastors and executives with distinctive leadership qualities.
For further details regarding the Central Church Senior Pastor role or to submit a resume, please email AGORA Consulting directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your email the title of your current position, name of present church, weekly attendance, and weekends preached. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lead PastorGreater Portland Bible Church
- Portland, Oregon
- October 25
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Lead PastorFirst Baptist Church of Dayton, OH
- Dayton, Ohio
- October 24
PastorOpen Door Ministries
- Long Beach, California
- October 17
King's Harbor Church - Lead PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Torrance, California
- October 14