- As a member of the Creative Arts and Communications Team, this role requires a person who has a passion for telling God-stories through video and other media and is able to take creative concepts from start to finish. The applicant must be a strong shooter/editor,
have competency and versatility of skills and knowledge in video cameras (DSLR and camcorder), framing, lenses, lighting and production audio and called to storytelling through media. We are looking for a person who works well with deadlines and is organized
and productive. We are excited to bring aboard someone who works well in a collaborative, dynamic, fun and constant bar-raising team environment. Must provide a link to a website, demo reel, Vimeo page, etc. with most current work.
- Serve on the Creative Arts and Communications Teams
- Contribute to programming of weekend worship services creative elements
- Attend weekly meetings to review, generate ideas and plan for upcoming services
- Design and produce engaging video content to creatively communicate thematic and non-thematic elements for the weekend worship experience at Riverbend Church.
- Direct/contract/recruit talent, crew; manage shoots efficiently
- Conceptualize (along with Creative Arts Team), shoot and edit creative content:
- Life-change testimonies
- Short message/thematic support pieces (comedic, narrative, conceptual, etc.)
- Great(!) sense of humor and understanding of current culture coveted.
- Specific ministry and church-wide promo, etc.
- Weekly announcement videos
- Help brainstorm/create message series bumpers and other motion graphics media.
- Train volunteers, work with staff and interns to assist with production of creative content.
- We’re also highly attuned to those wanting to take a next step in their ministry calling to lead teams/grow in their leadership skills.
- 3+ years of experience shooting/editing
- Strong technical video/media production background; Education in video media production desired.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, After Effects/Motion; Full Adobe CS experience a plus.
- TV Production experience/knowledge a plus.
Riverbend Church is a 2K+-sized, creative arts-loving, Austin-embracing church in the Westlake Hills one of the fastest-growing towns in the US. In addition to its primary purpose as a leading worship-focused church in the greater Austin area, Riverbend
has been known for championing all arts – with an emphasis on world-class music. Riverbend showcases local artists of all disciplines and is also a premiere performing arts venue.
This position will be best suited to a person with a fresh edge, current-culture awareness, a distinct voice, and a clear calling to ministry in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
Check out our website, APP and social media for more details. (Vimeo page and APP contain most examples of past media projects).