BONHOMME PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Communications & Marketing Coordinator
Bonhomme Presbyterian Church has joined an exciting new denomination (ECO) and is about to celebrate its Bicentennial in 2016. This 1500 member church is looking to hire a Communications & Marketing Coordinator to help this active multigenerational congregation
not only handle its internal communications, but tell the church’s story to the surrounding community as well. We are seeking a 30 hour/week Communications & Marketing Coordinator to help celebrate and broadcast all that God is doing in and through this congregation.
Applicants with education and experience in Communications, Marketing, Writing, Graphic Design, or other related field are encouraged to contact Cheryl Holland (email@example.com) by April 30, 2015 to submit a resume or find out more about the position.
A full position description can be found below:
Ministry Area: Communications & Marketing
Status: 30 hours/week, Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: none
Reports to: Director of Communications & Marketing
The Communications & Marketing Coordinator will help Bonhomme and its ministries tell their stories in compelling ways by developing, producing, editing, and ultimately evaluating and improving all communications and marketing deliverables (including, but
not limited to, Pioneer Press newsletter, Website, The Feed videos, brochures, posters, banners, Campus Feed, E-Blasts, social media, Come & Grow with Me Testimonial Videos, corporate documents, etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Communications & Marketing to develop a strategic quarterly communications calendar that balances all-church communications and family business with announcements and story-telling from individual ministries, ensuring that the
schedule is in keeping with our Communications Values as a church.
- Help Session and the Pastors cast their compelling vision for the church far and wide within the congregation and out into the community by ensuring that all of Bonhomme’s communication deliverables are aligned with the church’s vision, brand, and Communication
- As directed, develop strategic marketing efforts that raise Bonhomme’s profile within West County, helping reach people who are currently strangers to Bonhomme, putting them in touch with our story as a church and, ultimately, with the gospel itself.
- Work with ministry leaders to help them clarify their messages and broadcast them throughout the congregation and into the community by helping them produce excellent deliverables.
- Manage requests for announcements from various ministry leaders, helping them determine a way to tell their story that works within the quarterly communications calendar.
- Be a champion of Bonhomme’s Communications Values, helping ensure that all communications pieces are in keeping with these values.
- Work with volunteers from the congregation who can bring their skills in marketing, communications, media, and story-telling in service to our overall communications strategy as a church, helping train and develop these volunteers as needed.
- Perform regular audits of our website and lobbies, making sure we are leading with up-to-date communication pieces.
- Active presence on Sunday mornings and other key times in Bonhomme’s church life.
- As directed, attend various staff, ministry meetings to keep abreast of events in the life of the church. Meet regularly with all the staff who touch Communications & Marketing (Director, Administrative Assistant, Minister of Evangelism, Worship & Media
Experience and Skills:
The following are not requirements, but it is preferred that Bonhomme’s Communication & Marketing Coordinator have:
- A degree in Communications, Marketing, Writing, Graphic Design, or some related field.
- At least 3 years experience working in Communications & Marketing or some related field.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with an eye for details.
- Ability to work well with a large number of people, with a demonstrated ability to work well with volunteers.
- Ability to handle and organize a large number of details, and manage time well.
- Experience developing and implementing a marketing or outreach campaign.
- Experience with brand development or managing brand alignment.
- Ability to create communication pieces for different demographics (young and mature, cutting-edge and traditional).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the Adobe Creative Suites including (but not limited to) Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Comfort working towards deadlines and graciously helping others meet deadlines as well.