This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Administrative Assistant/Communications Coordinator
Christ Church Presbyterian
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 03/09/2015
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCA
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Summary
- As a Communications Coordinator: The main purpose of this job is to manage and coordinate internal (staff) and external (church) communications for the Church which include: internal publications, social media, website content, and printed material
for various church ministries.
- As an Administrative Assistant: The main purpose of this job is to provide general administrative support for the church and the staff. Also, to be the main receptionist and take phone calls.
- Essential Qualifications
- Computer savvy (no coding required)
- Calendar management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Quick but also detail oriented
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication
- Familiarity with general clerical tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment (we are not a huge church but we are a busy one)
- Additional Qualifications
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well in a team environment
- Upbeat and personable as there is a reception portion to this job
- Low-level graphic design capabilities are a plus but not required
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- This is a full time position requiring about 40 hours of week per week.
- Communications: manage communications schedule for online and print media for staff and ministries.
- Internal printing: weekly bulletins, quarterly flyers, resources for various ministries; possible low-level design work for internal publications and online publicity (City and website promos)
- Website: upload sermon video and audio weekly, quarterly site-wide content updates, add front-page promotions as needed (no coding knowledge is needed)
- The City (ChristChurch’s social media platform): weekly e-newsletter, church wide events and topics, regularly field questions re: The City
- Clerical Support
- Phone and desk reception
- Church email: send and receive 10-20 emails/day, fielding various questions
- Handle low-level IT issues (esp. re: printing)
- Manage staff calendar
- Order office supplies, keep supply cabinet stocked
- Proof and edit written communications.
- Record keeping
- Education Requirements
- Although a Bachelor’s Degree is not required, previous office/business experience is preferred.
- Competitive Salary (28k-30k+ range)
- Full Benefits including vacation, healthcare, and retirement plan.