Union Chapel Job Description
TITLE: Human Resource and Accounting Administrator
DETAILS: Reports to Executive Pastor
Part-time, 20 Hours per Week
Under the direction of the Executive Pastor, this position manages all functions associated with the administration of the Union Chapel Ministries employee benefit programs. This position also oversees the processing of the bi-monthly payroll, A/P, and
- Prepares initial paperwork required to place employees on payroll and benefit programs and establishes personnel file.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion.
- Maintains budget spreadsheet that includes salaries, payroll taxes and benefit amounts.
- Coordinates health, vision, dental, life, ad & d, and short and long term disability insurance enrollments and terminations. Communicates with plan vendors concerning routine administration of programs.
- Oversees annual open enrollment for insurance. Reviews enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinates enrollment with plan vendors.
- Documents and maintains administrative procedures for benefit processes.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge and expertise in employee benefits services, makes recommendations on pending legislative actions regarding benefits, conduct benefit research, responds to benefits issues, and answer benefits questions.
- Reviews bi-monthly payroll for accuracy prior to processing.
- Verifies federal income, social security, medicare, state and county taxes have been accurately and timely filed by Paycor.
- Acts as backup for processing payroll in absence of Accounting Specialist.
- Assumes responsibilities in the team month end closing process.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS/EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES:
- Degree in Accounting plus experience in Human Resources or Benefits
- Degree in Human Resources or Benefits plus experience in Accounting
- 5 years of experience in Human Resources, Benefits, and Accounting
Submit resumes to: Chrissy Bright, email@example.com