Aldersgate United Methodist Church, a people fulfilling the mission "to know Jesus and to make him known," seeks a full time Church Administrator to ensure alignment of resources with the mission. This a full time position is to ensure the effective and
efficient operation of the church's administrative office, to include all related facilities and associated programs.This position is supervised by the Senior Minister.
Averaging over 300 in worship, Aldersgate has strong financial support and well-equipped facilities located on the east side of historic Montgomery, Alabama.
- Supervises and evaluates the actions of the Front Office staff, Hospitality Coordinator, Building Superintendent, and WCM Co-directors
- Supervises and assists Front Desk Receptionists and other church volunteers
- Oversees the insurance coverage of the church
- Seeks to be an advocate of the church in regard to all negotiations and ensures ministry opportunities are not hampered
- Closely monitors the work of church's Bookkeeper and Financial Secretary to ensure a sound financial operation is sustained in accordance with recurring internal and external audits
- Arranges, coordinates, and schedules physical facilities in support of church’s program staff and lay ministries. Also, ensures other needs of these activities are met, such as, telephone services, computer capabilities, room arrangement, etc.
- Reviews, authorizes, and schedules wedding parties and other community events for the church's facilities. Subsequently, briefs appropriate parties on their personal responsibilities and then ensures necessary support to meet these requirements, such as,
setup and cleanup
- Recognizes the need for contract services and then develops, coordinates, negotiates, and secures necessary contracts
- Works closely with Board of Trustees, Personnel committee, Finance committee, and Church Council
- Assists the senior minister(s) as needed, and assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal abilities. Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Notable organizational and planning skills
- Full and complete understanding of sound financial practices
- IT experience desired, but not required
- College degree preferred (Education Administration, General Business, or closely related field)
- Three to five years of responsible administrative experience is required (Education administration, private/government administration, or non-profit administration, etc.)
- At least one workshop or seminar a year is suggested. These sessions should be directly related to the existing work environment. The key is to sustain and advance needed job skills and knowledge.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary commensurate with work experience
- Paid vacation
- Health and retirement plans available
- Submit resume to Steve Wheat at STEVENPWHEAT@aol.com before April 6, 2015.