The Director of Early Childhood Ministries is responsible for the creative vision, strategic development and implementation of all programs serving families of children ages 3 years through Kindergarten.The Woodlands UMC is a thriving 11,000 member church offering Saturday evening, Sunday morning and mid-week children’s programming with an average attendance of 900+ children on Sunday mornings. Strong emphasis is placed on delivering special events that draw families together to worship, serve and grow together in faith and discipleship. Position is full-time exempt with benefits.
Competencies and Expectations:
- Lead and inspire a team of staff, volunteers and high school interns to deliver meaningful, intentional and powerful experiences for young children to know the love of Jesus.
- Maintain strong interpersonal skills bent toward a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Select, evaluate and implement curriculum that is developmentally appropriate, theologically sound and establishes a strong biblical framework and love for learning God’s Word.
- Exhibit best practices using appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality with regard to church policies and procedures.
- Develop, encourage and train staff and volunteers to lead with passion and excellence.
- Provide clear direction and communicate strategies to Early Childhood Ministry team.
- Teach large group and small group lessons with enthusiasm, energy and an age-appropriate approach.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Children’s Ministry Leadership team.
- Offer regular communication to volunteers that expresses appreciation, inspires and informs them.
- Oversee Sunday School experience in both Main building and Loft campuses to include curriculum selection, room set-ups, planning and logistics associated with delivering a meaningful and excellent experience for children and families.
- Co-lead Children of The Woodlands Pre-School and The Woodlands Methodist School weekly chapels.
- Plan, lead and implement large-scale programming: VBS, Story Time, seasonal children’s worship services and family-focused special events.
- Manage payroll for Early Childhood staff and high-school intern team.
- Write and communicate weekly schedules for Sunday morning and special event staffing needs.
- Plan and manage program budgets and track expenses.
- Interview and make recommendations for hiring Ministry Leaders and Interns.
- Accountable for compliance with Safe Sanctuary guidelines and appropriate adult/child ratios in every Sunday School classroom, on every Sunday, and at every Early Childhood event.
- Previous experience working in children’s ministry in a large church setting.
- Strong presence teaching to large audiences of children and adults!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education / Child Development, Christian Education or related field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (including PowerPoint and Keynote).
- A strong and growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ and the church.
- Spiritual maturity, creativity, high energy and a strong passion to lead children and families to a deeper understanding of the Gospel message of Christ’s love!
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Covenant Church
- Olympia, Washington
- December 2
Elementary Program LeaderCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- December 2
The Woodlands United Methodist Church
The Woodlands United Methodist Church (TWUMC) is a 10,000-member congregation located in suburban Houston, Texas. TWUMC is an evangelical Methodist church offering nine live worship services each week in four unique worship styles. TWUMC webcasts worship live online at watch.thewoodlandsumc.org. TWUMC offers dynamic Christian programs for all ages, placing special emphasis on discipleship, missions and outreach. TWUMC also runs an accredited preschool, a private elementary school, and a licensed counseling center. The TWUMC mission is to &ld More...