Create the experience! CBC Is seeking a Guest Relations Pastor or Director to oversee the Guest Relations staff and team of volunteers. This ministry is responsible for delivering the excellent, enjoyable and welcoming experience when our congregants, visitors and first time visitors enter our Church. This position oversees the 1,500+ Guest Relations volunteers, which include greeters, ushers, parking lot attendants, connectors, communion, Bible runners, and the Prayer Ministry. We are seeking an individual who loves Jesus and that exudes Guest Service and is always looking for ways to improve on already great processes to make the experience at CBC even more seamless and amazing. Weekends and special events are required.
- Continuously seek new ways to improve the Guest Relations Ministry to ensure an excellent visit by all visitors and members.
- Oversee volunteers for Guest Relations, along with, Prayer Ministry, Communion, Ushers/Greeters, GPS Team, Central Team and Host Team.
- Implement and maintain programs to ensure all visitors are contacted and followed up on to be connected to the Church.
- Supervises the day to day activities of the Guest Relations staff/volunteers and provides staff/volunteers with the skills training to provide value added service to customers.
- Manage finances of Guest Relations, including budget and inventory controls; analyze data and compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies, etc. in relation to Church financial forecasts and budget.
- Implement and maintain all operating and quality standards established for Guest Relations.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to Church policies and services and resolve any complaints and concerns in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Meets and exceeds first time visitor expectations by ensuring department provides outstanding service.
- Plan and conduct staff meetings; attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
- Work with all ministries to ensure excellent inter-ministry communication and collaboration.
- Attend worship regularly and special services/events as appropriate.
- Maintain personal accountability and relationships with staff members.
- Maintain daily disciplines of Bible study, prayer and preparation.
- High school education, GED, or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working within Guest Services, hospitality or Retail required, preferably in large Church environment, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership - Proven ability to effectively lead and train a diverse workforce.
- Projects a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, have a sense of urgency to complete projects and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Computer literate: Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.)
- Adaptable to learning new and customized software programs
- Adept at managing fast paced environment and putting people at ease
- Warm, personable and energetic demeanor with professional and pleasant phone manner
- Comfortable interfacing with a diverse group of individuals
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English
- Sitting, using computer keyboard, visual with monitor, walking, bending, stooping, occasional lifting up to 50 lbs, occasional events/activities outdoors in the heat, prolonged standing.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Preschool Ministry LeaderPark Cities Presbyterian Church
- Dallas, Texas
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- January 16
Community Bible Church
Community Bible Church began on May 26, 1990, meeting in a conference room of a local hotel. From day one, the mission of CBC has always been to reach people with the good news of salvation in Jesus’ name, to teach people how to live the Christian life according to the Bible, and to help people through the hard times in life. We gather in large group celebrations for worship and in small groups for Bible study, fellowship, prayer, and ministry. More...