Asbury United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Family Ministry to provide leadership and direction for all Family Ministry activities involving children, youth and parents. The director will be involved in visioning, planning, and supporting the
mission statement and core beliefs of Asbury UMC as they relate to family ministry.
Senior Pastor and serves on Ministerial Staff
- Supervise, train, mentor, and advise the Family Ministry Team including the Student Minister, Children's Mininster, and Ministry Administrative Assistants.
- Serve as lead visionary and guide the Family Ministry Team in the development of a comprehensive strategy that is contextual to the needs of the community and aligns with the vision and mission of Asbury UMC.
- Engage in public relations and promotion of the Family Ministry model to the Asbury cummunity.
- Lead the Family Ministry Team to re-structure the role of the volunteer and recruiting strategies.
- Provide consulting and assistance for individuals and families on issues concerning parenting, children, youth, and/or family life.
- Lead in visioning, researching, planning, and implementing opportunities to equip parents to become spiritual leaders.
- Support, encourage, and educate parents to be the primary source of Christian education for their families, through parenting classes and other opportunities.
- Coordinate marriage ministry opportunities and/or events.
- Serve as Supervisor to Preschool Director.
- Be a collaborator of, adhere to, and be a proponent of our Safe Sanctuaries Policy and ensure that it is followed by the Family Ministry Team. Provide oversight for its compliance by all Family Ministry employees and volunteers.
- Christ follower that is capable of serving as a positive role model leading and teaching parents.
- Must be familiar with the Orange strategy of family ministry and have experience leading it in a church.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in related field, including some counseling courses.
- Experience in family education and programs involving children, youth, and families.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent public relations demeanor.
- Visionary thinker.
- Experienced leader with strong team building and development skills.
- Strong budget planning and management skills.
- Must be in agreement with and champion the mission and strategy of Asbury UMC as outlined below.
Engaging people in relationships where Christ transforms.
We engage in WORSHIP, with GROUPS, through SERVICE.
For more information or to download an applicaiton or position description visit
Please send cover letter, resume, and applicaiton to:
Asbury United Methodist Church
c/o Business Administrator
6612 Creedmoor Rd.
Raleigh, NC. 27613