North Canton Chapel is a non-denominational church of approximately 900 people, seeking to make disciples that make disciples. Located in a beautiful, family oriented, suburban area, the city of North Canton is within 10 miles of 5 high schools serving
over 8,500 students. The recently renovated 8,000 sq. ft. Student Center houses the most current technology and design. We are looking for a passionate individual to work alongside our current high-energy Student Ministry Team, consisting of a Jr High Director,
Young Adult Director, Student Worship Intern and 2 Pastoral Residents.
In the role of Student Ministry Pastor you will:
- Build Christ-centered relationships with high school students, parents and adult volunteers, discipling them to believe in, and live like Christ
- Have regular conversations with high school students about Jesus
- Raise the value of evangelism/discipleship in student ministries by incorporating a passion for un-churched students and competency in evangelism/discipleship into personal relationships designed to lead students to Christ. Equip students with an understanding
of, and support for, life-on-life evangelism/discipleship in their various spheres of influence
- Work with area schools and be visible on the campuses where our students attend. Be intentional and present with the students in their environments during and after school hours
- Work closely with the Family Ministry Team to organize, lead, and participate in special events, including but not limited to, Summer Camp, missions trips, equipping parents, etc.
- Be present and lead weekly discipleship groups for high school students
- Be a catalytic leader who recruits and equips volunteers/coaches to lead movements on campuses throughout our county
We are looking for a person who is committed to the Gospel, personally and professionally, who desires to unite the body together as a family to live out the mission of God. The successful candidate works well in a team setting, and puts the goals of the
church as a whole ahead of any personal goals.
- Loves Jesus and has a heart to share the Gospel with students, and lead them into discipling relationships
- Track record of success with 5-10 years direct ministry experience, working with Middle School and/or High School students
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Skilled communicator with a high capacity for strong interpersonal relationship skills
- A catalytic leader who is able to work effectively with a wide array of people in multiple environments
- Builder, biased to action; must be highly self-directed
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Lori Simionides, Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org