Full Time (Serving one church with multiple campuses)
The Communications Director will lead in setting the direction as well as the strategic implementation of all internal and external communications to consistently articulate, enable and fulfill the Journey’s mission and vision. This individual will be a creative, innovative, strategic thinker and a results-driven team leader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an integrated organizational wide strategic communications plan to broaden awareness of the Church and its environments to the surrounding communities and to strengthen the Journey’s brand internally.
- Lead and evaluate a long term, as well as a short term, communications plan across the multi-campus network in collaboration with all communications departments.
- Manage and evaluate the Journey’s website and social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, ect.). Ensure that content is regularly and consistently updated and posted with new information.
- Lead a team that oversees the design, development and distribution of all printed material across multi-campuses.
- Present fresh, creative, innovated ideas for unique, cost-effective, result-oriented strategic communication campaigns and activities aligned with the Journey’s mission, vision and values.
- Create, implement, measure and evaluate an annual marketing plan across specific audiences for existing campuses and proposed future campuses.
- Utilize data gathering and analysis tools, including social media and Journey website. Analyze, track, measure and report on the level of engagement and the results from various communications campaigns, plans and events.
- Manage the Journey Communication budget.
- Recruit, develop and manage a Communications support staff, to bolster the development and execution of the Communications strategy.
- Promote a culture that values a commitment to excellence, on-time high performance and continuous improvement.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Possesses a heart and passion for the local church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, and a passion to use communication to reach and grow others.
- Excellent writing /editing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Team builder who builds relationships and manages by influence.
- High energy, maturity and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and practical levels.
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task in a deadline intensive environment as well as the ability to give attention to details and accuracy.
- Must be an entrepreneurial self-starter who sees the big picture, is highly organized, able to work independently and able to work well with and manage people at all levels in the church. Strong presentation and interpersonal skills preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Advertising, Social Media, or Marketing preferred.
- Two - three years, experience in Communications and Marketing; local church experience is a plus.
- Works with the ministry team and support staff as part of the Church’s Leadership Team.
- Work under direction of Executive Pastor
- Promote a spirit of unity as a team player specifically among the church staff, leaders and generally within the church body.
- Strong leadership, relationship and consensus building skills with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence” positioning.
- Communication discussions at strategic, tactical, and operational levels.
- Work with other staff members concerning activities, events, vision and culture that relate to their areas.
Please send cover letter and resume to Executive Pastor, John Smith: john@theJourneyOC.net. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive Director - Creative MinistriesHope Community Church
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- October 27
St. Mark's Church - Audio/Visual DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Burlington, North Carolina
- October 26
Christ Church - Director of Marketing & CommunicationsVanderbloemen Search Group
- Lake Forest, Illinois
- October 26
Graphic Artist/WriterNorth Avenue Presbyterian Church
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 24
Communications DirectorChapel Hill Bible Church
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- October 20