Pastor of Student Ministries
First Christian Church of Napa Valley
400 to 500
The Pastor of Student Ministries will build upon the Church’s mission and values by creating an environment where students can develop a deeper intimacy with Jesus Christ. The PSM will provide direction for every willing student (grades six - twelve) to become a fully devoted follower of Christ. The PSM will be a spiritually mature person with a heart for students, a great sense of humor and a passion for student ministries. The PSM must have an ability to recruit, train and encourage student leaders, in addition to a combination of experience/flexibility to embrace/expand a ministry that is critical to the ongoing life of the church and community.
The PSM will demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit with a zealous attitude for God, a self-starter who possesses administrative skills consistent with the needs of FCC and the student ministry, a gifted communicator, a leader who is passionate about ministering with students, who loves building teams and possesses a desire to see students mature in their faith.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for someone to fill a pastoral role in the area of Student Ministries on-campus and into our community. We are looking for someone who is prepared to help us develop the best possible means of sharing the Gospel to students today, in their language, and in a way that equips each teenager to find and follow God wholeheartedly. We are looking for someone who responds to a heart burden for the community where God has placed this church family, by taking action and mobilizing His church to reach into and serve the community. We are looking for someone who is a team player; and, someone who’s first priority is to live life in a healthy, growing relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, heart, pursuit and behavior.
- At least 1 - 3 years of experience in ministry with the result of influencing growth in numbers, teams, and most importantly, changed lives.
- A four-year degree is a plus but not essential - consideration will be given to those with specific ministry education.
- A passion to see students, families and those in our community grow in their faith.
- Called to disciple students and leaders.
- Truly love the local church and have a heart for the big picture.
- Relationally driven, loves to laugh, teachable, strives for excellence, team builder, team player, planner and handles conflict well.
- A marathoner, not a sprinter - cultivating a discipleship culture in our community takes time.
- The ability to effectively and practically teach God’s Word to students.
- The ability to recruit, train, empower adults to minister, serve as a team with students and in outreach in general.
- Possess the ability to lead / develop multiple levels of volunteers and paid staff and delegate to others.
- Evidence of a servant’s heart in the position, at home and in the community.
- Great with those who are not yet Christians, along with a passionate intention to share the Gospel with them in relevant, practical and understandable way.
- Someone who is organized, intentional and loves to collaborate with our other ministries.
- Excellent verbal communicator in large group, small group, and one-on-one settings
- Ability to inspire and lead
- Ability to organize and multi-task
- Event production and coordination skills
- Proficient with computers and all suitable software
- Facilitate student spiritual and emotional growth
- Clear background check
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
Your Next Step:
Your Next Steps:
- Pray and ask God if He may be bringing us together. Please involve your spouse (if applicable) in the process.
- Submit a PDF version of your resume with a cover letter giving a brief philosophy of student ministry.
- Submit the names and contact information of at least three (3) ministry references who have at least eighteen (18) months of seeing you in student ministry.
- Submit a PDF version of a list of your favorite Christian authors as well as other authors who you like to read.
- If you have anything else that can help us get a better idea of who you are, please submit it as well.
Upon further interest, you will be contacted about next steps.
Please submit your information to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
High School DirectorLake Grove Presbyterian Church
- Lake Oswego, Oregon
- January 18
Student Ministries PastorBraeswood Assembly of God Church
- Houston, Texas
- January 17
Pastor of Student MinistriesThe Orchard Evangelical Free Church
- Arlington Heights , Illinois
- January 17
Director of Student MinistriesJeffrey Calhoun
- Hopkinsville, Kentucky
- January 17
Youth DirectorGrace at Fort Clake United Methodist Church
- Gainesville, Florida
- January 17