We are a Christian, Evangelical Church with a large and growing Outreach to At-Risk Kids in central Colorado Springs. In addition to the church and it's ministries, we also operate 2 childcare centers with approx. 50 staff serving 300 children ages 6 weeks
- 13 years. We are looking to hire applicants with a love for kids and a heart for ministry.
This is a church staff position, and the applicant needs to be willing to become an active member of Springs of Life Church. For more information and our statement of faith, you can find us on the web at Springsoflife.org.
We are primarily looking for individuals with an active faith in Christ and a life pattern of involvement in church and ministry. We are willing to provide training to candidates whose heart is to serve the Lord and feel that they have a calling to teaching
• Starting wage $9.00- $13.00/hr based on experience.
• Pay increases w/ Education, Experience and Employment Term.
DETAILS: Full time, schedule TBD. Serving kids ages 6wks - 5 years
• Providing direct care to children during program hours
• Supervising, directing, and leading a classroom aide on a daily basis
• Implementing the daily program/schedule of activities and events
• Administering Curriculum; providing a high quality of teaching, appropriate stimulation and support to the children
• Engaging children in active conflict management and addressing behavior issues in a positive manner
• Working closely with parents/care givers, informing them about the program, its curriculum and their child's involvement & progress
• Serving daily meals & snacks
• Ensuring records are properly maintained, e.g. emergency contact book, sign-in/out sheets, ROMS, accident/incident/behavior/illness reports
• Ensuring that the program is a safe environment; equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented
• Contributing to and implementing all policies and procedures
1.) Competitive pay scale
2.) Opportunity for promotion within company (Church & Children's Centers)
3.) Training programs/On-The-Job Training
4.) 1-2 weeks PTO (paid time off) DOE
5.) Discounted Childcare (FT employees receive a 50% discount)
STATE QUALIFICATIONS Teachers need to be qualified by state standards. Teachers can qualify in ONE (1) of the following ways:
Option #1. A 4 year degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, Family and Child Development or Child Psychology. No additional experience required.
Option #2. A 4 Bachelor's (4 year) degree in an unrelated field and 2 early childhood education college courses with one of the courses being either Early Childhood Education OR Guidance Strategies. At least six (6) months of verified experience in the care
and supervision of four (4) or more children under six (6) years of age who are not related to the individual.
Option # 3. A 2-year college degree in Early childhood Education which includes at least 2 Early Childhood college courses, one of which must be Introduction to Early Childhood Education OR Guidance Strategies. At least six (6) months verified experience
as listed in Option #2.
Option # 4. Completion of twelve (12) semester hours from a regionally accredited college or university at either a two year, four year or graduate level, in Early Childhood Education. One of the three (3) semester hour courses must be EITHER introduction
to early childhood education or guidance strategies. At least nine (9) months (1,395 hours) of verified experience as listed in Option #2.
Option #5. A current certification as a Child Development Associate (CDA) or Certified Child Care Professional (CCP) or other Department approved credential. No college course work required. No additional experience required.
Option # 6. Completion of a vocational or occupational education sequence in child growth and development. No college course work required. PLUS 12 months (1820 hours) of verified experience.
Option # 7. A current Colorado Level I teaching credential. PLUS Twenty-four (24) months (3640 hours) of verified experience in the care and supervision of four (4) or more children under the age of (6) who are not related to the individual.
Option # 8. Two (2) 3 credit Early Childhood college courses with one being Intro to ECE. PLUS Twenty-four (24) months (3640 hours) of verified experience in the care and supervision of four (4) or more children under six (6) years of age who are not related
to the individual.
TRAINING HELP AVAILABLE! We hire teachers in many different roles: Director/Assistant Director, Preschool, InfantToddler, Aide (teacher in training) and Substitutes. If you are interested in working with us as a Teacher but need more education/experience
to qualify, we can help you get qualified while you work! (please note when applying)
To *APPLY*, please RESPOND IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER:
1.) Go to our website under "jobs" to complete the interview questions. (childcare.springsoflife.org)
2.) Attach your professional UP-TO-DATE Resume (including your level of education and any degrees/certificates earned)
3.) Attach your Church/Missions/Non-Profit/Volunteer work experience
4.) Attach references. One (1) Professional Reference, one (1) Personal Reference, one (1) Spiritual Reference