Pastor/Director of Children and Family
This is a new position which means the Pastor/Director of Children and Family Ministry will have a lot of input in the direction and formation of this ministry in the future.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision and strategy for children, including all programs, activities and training related to Children's Ministry (infant-6th grade), discipling children, and equipping parents and families in their God-given roles in the home.
QUALITIES NEEDED FOR THIS MINISTRY
- Growing and vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- A passion and heart for discipling children.
- Organizational and communication skills demonstrated by mobilizing volunteers to meet ministry needs.
- Complete agreement with the vision, values, and statement of faith of First Free. (see attached)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain healthy relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Commitment to making disciples demonstrated by the multiplication of leaders and development of outreach opportunities in the community for young families.
- Implement vision, leadership and training for the Children's Ministry team of staff and volunteers.
- Equip parents to provide spiritual leadership in their homes and to disciple their children/families throughout the different stages of life development.
- Create and implement opportunities for outreach into the community (i.e. VBS, etc.).
- Identify, implement, coordinate and increase ways for young families and children to connect during the school year.
- Be the first contact for new children and families and provide orientation to the ministry.
- Be personally involved in the spiritual formation of children on Sunday morning and through other ministry opportunities.
- Oversee policies, budgets and processes necessary for effective ministry.
- Direct recruiting/staffing/scheduling for all ministry positions from infant-6th grade.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of all programming/curriculum for Children's Ministry.
SHARED STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES: (these are areas where all staff has shared goals and involvement)
- Small group: lead or participate in a weekly small group for parents of newborns to pre-kindergarten.
- Pastoral Responsibility: oversee pastoral care and serve as the contact person in case of hospitalization or illness for the families with children within their ministry.
- Evangelism and Discipleship: Maintain regular contact with lost people and be involved in discipling future leaders.
- Assimilation: All staff have weekly contact with one new person to the church, or a person they do not know.
- Human Resource (Recruiting) Coordinator, Sunday morning check-in assistants, Early Childhood assistant and part-time children's secretary.
- Attend at least one training event or conference for Children's Ministries per year.
- Work closely with Pastor of Student Ministry.
Take part in weekly staff meetings and subject to annual performance review.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Minimum of B.A. preferred, with successful experiences in leading and managing children, parents and volunteers.
HOURS — Full-time
Submit a typed resume to First Evangelical Free Church at 5500 S. Southwood, Springfield, Missouri 65804 or e-mail Linda@firstefc.com
Statement of Faith
The Evangelical Free Church of America is an association of autonomous churches united around these theological convictions:
We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.
We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
The Human Condition
We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God’s saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus-Israel’s promised Messiah-was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
The Work of Christ
We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation.
The Holy Sprit
We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. e convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
We believe that the true church comprises all who have been justified by God’s grace through faith alone in Christ alone. They are united by the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head. The true church is manifest in local churches, whose membership should be composed only of believers. The Lord Jesus mandated two ordinances, baptism and the Lord’s Supper, which visibly and tangibly express the gospel. Though they are not the means of salvation, when celebrated by the church in genuine faith, these ordinances confirm and nourish the believer.
We believe that God’s justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. With God’s Word, the Spirit’s power, and fervent prayer in Christ’s name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ’s commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.
We believe in the personal, bodily and pre-millennial return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission.
Response and Eternal Destiny
We believe that God commands everyone everywhere to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that God will raise the dead bodily and judge the world, assigning the unbeliever to condemnation and eternal conscious punishment and the believer to eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord in the new heaven and the new earth, to the praise of His glorious grace. Amen.
First Evangelical Free Church
5500 S. Southwood
Springfield, MO 65804
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistriesWhittier Area Community Church
- Whittier, California
- October 20
Children's PastorArlington Assembly
- Arlington, Washington
- October 19