Growing suburban church in Houston/Katy/Cypress Texas, 2800 avg. attendance.
Children's Ministry Director provides leadership to children's ministry staff and volunteers.
On-campus children's Bible study groups (450 avg. attend.), Sunday morning children's worship (295 avg attend), Wednesday night discipleship (230 avg attend), parents ministry, and special events.
Supervise a staff of 4. Lead approximately 230 volunteers.
Just opened new additional ministry space, including 5000 s.f. children's worship area.
Status: Full-time, salaried with benefits
Position Title: Children’s Director
Reports to: Ministries Pastor
- The Children’s Director works under the direction of the Ministries Pastor and in close cooperation with lead staff and administrative teams to implement the vision, mission and values of Bear Creek Church throughout the Children’s Ministry. The Children’s
Director sets the tone for maintaining an inviting, positive and safe environment for children and parents.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- The Children’s Director will build a team-oriented environment within the Children’s Ministry that supports a healthy, creative and cooperative organization with high motivation. The Children’s Director will provide leadership and mentoring while promoting
creative ideas and biblical education methods throughout Children’s Grow Groups, Children’s Worship, AWANA, mid-week programming and other special events.
- Administrative duties include strategic planning and implementation of the Children’s Ministry calendar and budget while confirming all policies and produces are up-to-date for volunteer involvement and ongoing safety trainings.
- Above all, a Christ-centered life
- Constant commitment to growing spiritually
- Call to serve the Church in children’s ministry
- Spiritually qualified on the basis of 1 Timothy 3
- A work-life characterized by servant-leadership
- Commitment to authentic spiritual community in the work environment
- Detail-oriented; possessing significant skills in personal productivity and planning
- Able to effectively cast vision for ministry
- Excellence in leading/coaching assigned staff
- Ability to exercise productive accountability
- Systems thinker
- Decision maker with a high value for detailed implementation
- Strong ability to recruit, develop and encourage leaders and volunteers
Ministry Skills and Gifts
- Ministry guided by biblical principles
- Spiritual gift of leadership and/or administration
- Servant-heart for staff, volunteers and members of the congregation
- Close kinship in philosophy with Bear Creek Church and, specifically, with the Lead Pastor and Ministries Pastor
Education, Theology and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college, university or seminary in a childhood education, Christian ministry or related field
- Strong understanding and commitment to conservative evangelical theology
- Minimum of five years experience (full-time) in similar or related church ministry roles