The Staff Accountant will provide general accounting functions for FBA and the FBA Bookstore and will be cross-trained in various areas of Finance department to provide back-up and support where needed.
- Maintain FBA Bookstore-related accounting.
- Assist with cash processing, accounts payable processing, and general accounting.
- Analyze different areas (giving, payables, general ledger) as needed.
- Cross-train in various areas of Finance department.
- Create reports and presentations as needed.
- Coordinate short-term mission trip contributions and applicable team member links.
- Process online credit card transactions
- Assist with contribution processing, reporting, statements and envelopes.
- Perform other duties as workload necessitates
- Candidate must have a growing & mature, demonstrated personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Previous 2-3 years work experience in Accounting/Finance department performing general accounting functions and other related responsibilities preferred.
- High level of interpersonal and relationship skills essential.
- A team player with the ability to cultivate a team spirit within the ministry area and the church.
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Above average ability to be flexible, organize, manage time and set/shift priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills (grammar, writing and editing) as well as presentation skills required.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement ministry- and church-related, short- and long-range goals, as well as to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
IV. Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to talk and hear.
The staff member is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; taste or smell.
The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
First Baptist Church Atlanta offers a competitive compensation and benefits package consisting of Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, 403 (b) Retirement Plan, Section 125 Flexible Spending Account, as well as
vacation, sick, and holiday time-off provisions.