The Director of Youth Ministries leads the Christian ministry to the youth in the Millville area that fosters faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and equips youth to be in ministry to other youth.
As a minimum, The Director of Youth Ministries should demonstrate the following:
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord as well as a strong desire to serve within the church;
- A sense of calling to youth ministry;
- An ability to work with youth grades 7th – 12th ;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- An ability to plan, organize, lead, and guide projects and spontaneous activities related to Youth ministries;
- Competence in basic lay counseling and listening skills appropriate for youth ministry
- A willingness to work cooperatively with others, to maintain a positive outlook and disposition, and to be flexible in solving problems;
- The ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality. Refraining from indiscriminately sharing personal information is critical. Discretion must be exercised when dealing with the public, youth and their parents,
and the church’s leaders and members;
- Weekly attendance at worship and Sunday School at MGUMC is expected;
- Completion of college-level or higher course work in Christian Education and/or Youth Ministry, and/or comparable experience is desired.