World Overcomers is one of the fastest growing churches in the nation. We believe in balanced victory and the God designed life. That all would have victory in all areas of a life that God has for them.
Our children’s ministry, Overcomers Kids, is a fun place where kids lives are impacted with the truth of God's word as it relates to there lives and is presented in exciting way that they can relate to.
The Children's Pastor is responsible for leading, overseeing, and developing all aspects of children’s ministry (birth to 5th grade), including staff, volunteers, programming, curriculum, and special events in order to bring children to Christ by providing
gospel centered teaching, cultivating community and focusing on the heart.
Provide Gospel Centered Teaching
1. Oversee the Biblical content
- Ensure curriculum is faithful to our church's doctrine, theological vision and philosophy of children's ministry
- Evaluate effectiveness of curriculum periodically
2. Train and equip teachers to communicate biblical truths to children
- Provide teachers with basic classroom management skills and periodically observe classrooms.
- Provide an understanding of the scope and sequence of the curriculum
- Equip teachers to see and teach the Bible from a Gospel Centered perspective
- Communicate to parents each unit’s main focus
3. Utilize special events to teach, disciple and reach children in our church and community
- VBS, Kid's Night Out, Easter & Christmas programs, etc.
Cultivate a Loving Community
1. Foster relationships with children and connect with their families
- Keep children's contact list current
- Follow up with new families
2. Lead children's ministry team with encouragement and support
- Recruit, lead, and build relationships with staff and volunteers
- Meet regularly with staff and volunteers for training and encouragement
3. Communicate with pastors and other ministries to carry out church vision
- Meet regularly with the supervising pastor for encouragement, accountability and to report any concerns
- Collaborate with other ministry leaders to reach out to others through missions/mercy projects
4. Provide resources for parents
- Work with pastoral staff in developing a system to equip parents with recommended resources for parenting, family worship and discipleship
5. Ensure all safety procedures are being followed by both parents and teachers/leaders
- Process all child worker and volunteer applications and background checks
6. Monitor classrooms
- Periodically observe classrooms, children-teacher interactions, etc.
7. Oversee special events (VBS, Kid's Night Out, Easter, etc)
- Plan and develop programs that will reach out to community
- Lead committee meetings consisting of children’s staff and parents/volunteers
- Recruit and train volunteers prior to event
8. Responsible for budget and allocations of children’s ministry funds
Focus on the Heart
- Commit to renew own heart in grace through regular Sunday/Wednesday worship
- Pray regularly for team and the children of our church
- Continue to learn and develop skills and understanding of children's ministry through reading, conferences, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, degree in education or ministry a plus
- Prior experience leading in children's ministry