Principle Function: The Minister of Discipleship and Worship is responsible to the Senior Pastor for assisting the church in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive ministry of discipleship and worship.
Qualifications: Appropriate formal worship training and possess an equivalent level of experience. This will include voice, group, and instrumental expertise. From a perspective of comprehensive ministry and worship through music. Working
familiarity with programs of discipleship, evangelism, training and evaluation of related programs.
Requirements of the Position:
- Direct the planning, coordination, and evaluation of a comprehensive worship and music program for the church.
- Coordinate the music program with the church calendar to strengthen and enrich the emphasis of the total church program,
- Assist the Senior Pastor in planning congregational services; be responsible for selection of, and preview all service components.
- Direct or delegate the direction of choirs, groups, and congregational worship.
- Work with volunteers and the music committee in the area of enlisting, training, and supervising the work of volunteers in the worship program including accompanists, instrumentalists, secretaries and graded choirs.
- Provide assistance and counsel as needed for special events, weddings, funerals and banquets.
- Coordinate performance and rehearsal schedules of musical groups.
- Supervise the maintenance of and additions to the worship library, supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate all budget related activities within the worship ministry.
- In conjunction with the Communications Team, supervise personnel responsible for church related audio and video needs.
- Be aware of changes to worship ministry as it relates to the denomination, state, associational and community needs.
- Provide opportunities of artistic development and growth for all ages.
- Coordinate with and provide administrative leadership to assigned committees, programs, and ministry organizations.
- Provide replacement director when absent.
- Direct the planning, coordination, and evaluation of a comprehensive evangelism and discipleship program for the church.
- In conjunction with the Deacons, coordinate in the planning, organization, conduct, and evaluation of (1) new member’s class, (2) new Christian’s class, (3) witnessing training, and (4) Christian growth and discipleship program.
- Plan, organize, and direct a church-wide visitation program
- Recruit, train, and direct commitment counseling program for decisions.
Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.