Crossroads was started over twenty-five years ago with the mission to reach searching people with the good news that Jesus Christ came to restore our relationship with God and each other. Still today, with campuses in Lexington, Georgetown and Richmond,
we are a "come as you are" community offering a new direction for anyone, regardless of the stage of their spiritual journey.
This role will work with a team of people from Crossroads Leadership. The position will launch and lead this campus (Crossroads fifth) with the assistance of a Multi-Site Central Team. For more information about our church, please visit Crossroads website
at www.xroadschurch.org. For a more detailed explanation of the role or if you have questions, please email Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The expectations of the Campus Pastor are as following:
- The Campus Pastor is responsible for creating a vibrant and attractive church family.
- The Campus Pastor is responsible for building a financially viable campus, as measured by income, expenses and contributions to the overall church.
- The Campus Pastor is responsible for the spiritual development of the people on his campus, as measured by service, giving and involvement.
- The Campus Pastor is responsible to lead a movement in the community that shows the heart of God with Missionally minded initiatives (especially helping kids and the poor).
- Host the weekend experience.
- Be the visible pastoral presence of the campus.
- Welcome people individually.
- Host the service.
- Make sure that new people are identified and received warmly.
- Pray for the hurting people of that campus.
- Shepherd the people.
- Facilitate weddings, funerals, baptisms and child dedications as needed.
- Oversee the campus’s response to crisis.
- Integrate new people into Missional Communities.
On a small campus, the campus pastor will handle this responsibility directly.
On a larger campus, the campus pastor will oversee the staff who handle this responsibility.
- Lead the staff (volunteer and paid).
- The campus pastor will select, align and lead his team (volunteer, part-time or full time) to effectively accomplish the goals and purposes of the church.
- Connect to Crossroads.
- The campus pastor must continuously strengthen the bonds between their campus and the larger church by constantly reinforcing our priorities, vision, values, message and culture.
- Connect to and potentially begin other missional initiatives in the community.
- The campus pastor must strongly support already existing organizations in their region, positioning their campus to be an impact player within their area. The person must also evaluate the needs of the community and begin, if necessary, initiatives that
help that particular area.
- Lead a Discipling Culture.
- The campus pastor must create a culture where others are constantly hearing from God and not doing everything on their own. This includes aspects of the empowerment of people instead of starting multiple programs by the church.