Purpose of the Job
The Director of Worship & Creative Arts is a full time position that is responsible for the effective day-to-day implementation of the mission, vision and values of Chapel Hill Christian Church. This position will accomplish this objective primarily through the development and implementation of a weekend worship experience that is spirit-led, engaging and relevant. In order to accomplish this objective it is paramount that this position recruit, train, and equip an ever-increasing base of volunteers to actively contribute to the goal. Included within this position is incorporating and managing creative elements within the weekend worship experience.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Serve as Worship Leader in the Adult worship service
- Provide leadership, strategy, and structure that will enable the congregation to worship God corporately and individually.
- Ensure that overall weekend worship experiences are effective and on target regarding content, style, structure and design.
- Interface with communicators on a weekly basis to ensure a consistent message is being told in program details, i.e. music, video, offering, announcements, baptisms, etc.
- Maintain an advanced planning schedule by preparing all worship services two weeks ahead of the worship service date using Planning Center online tool.
- Meet weekly with Senior Minister to critique prior weekend service and plan future weekend service.
- Provide leadership to Ministry Teams and Ministry Leaders, recruiting them, training them, and ensuring their ongoing effectiveness, development, and teamwork as they relate to the mission, vision, and values of Chapel Hill.
- Within the worship ministry this would include, but it not limited to musicians, vocalists, and other worship arts volunteers including, media presence, video production, sound, lighting and technical needs.
- This position will explore and develop additional ministry teams to support ongoing artistic expressions of worship.
- Create and manage systems/processes to work with all team members to develop a series from idea to implementation.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions to generate fresh ideas and creative elements for service programming
- Lead regular evaluation and critique sessions to maintain a high standard of excellence and monitoring the impact of service programming.
- Develop and maintain a worship and AV budget.
- Maintain a strong network of relevant professionals (worship leaders, musicians, technical engineers, graphic designers, etc.).
- Maintain inventory and integrity of church owned musical instruments, AV equipment and other resources.
- Assist with planning special worship services such as Christmas Eve, Easter, and other special programs as assigned.
The work of those employed by the church is unique and important because this labor contributes to the strength and advancement of God’s Kingdom. Thus it is imperative that attention be given toward the development of one’s spiritual health through prayer and the regular intake of God’s Word. Participation in the life of the church by worship, service, and tithing is essential. Staff members are expected to live in a lifestyle that is both Godly and ‘above reproach’.
This position continually assesses the spiritual health of volunteers while encouraging greater intimacy in their walk with Christ.
All staff of CHCC will work and serve as a team. A commitment to loyalty and community needs to be of extreme importance within staff relationships. Communication of any personal or professional differences should be a priority among the parties involved. These differences should stay within the context of the staff relationships.
It is understood that all new programs, special calendar events or significant alterations to existing programs will be discussed and approved at the regular Staff Meeting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Graduate degree
- 5 years of progressively responsible ministry leadership experiences
- (desirables) video production, graphic design and sound/lighting know how
- Ability to lead all aspects of a modern worship experience
- Experience in programming worship elements (lights, props, media, video, etc.)
- Proficient in guitar or keyboard
- Comfortable leading on and off stage
- Excellent communication skills
- Good personal relationship skills particularly with volunteers
- Ability to appreciate and execute a variety of worship styles
- Manage constant workflow and delegate when appropriate
- Reports to Associate Minister
- Works particularly close with the Senior Minister
- Works closely with assigned Worship/AV Deacon on ministry and team needs
- Works closely with all areas of ministries and supports their ministry needs within Chapel Hill Christian Church
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Worship PastorVineyard Community Church
- Grafton, Wisconsin
- October 20
Worship LeaderThe Rock
- Bridgeport, Texas
- October 20
Chapel Hill Christian Church
Chapel Hill desires to become a congregation designed around a straightforward and strategic process that moves people through the stages of spiritual growth. The direction of this process has been in the making for more than five years. More...