First Baptist Church of Crawfordsville, Indiana is seeking an Associate Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry to lead and raise up the next generation of believers, helping both them and their families grow in Christ's likeness.
Crawfordsville, Indiana is a small city of approximately 16,000 people located in west central Indiana. In addition to local business and industry, the community is home to Wabash College, a private, four-year liberal arts college for men, with a student
body of approximately 900. The community also has excellent school systems in both the city and county areas, ranking among the top in the state and the country. Along with a very affordable lifestyle and friendly small town atmosphere, the community boasts
a number of activities including local and regional sporting events and festivals. Crawfordsville is conveniently located within driving distance to Lafayette/West Lafayette (30 minutes), Indianapolis (45 minutes), and Chicago (2-1/2 hours).
First Baptist Church is a well established church with a long, rich history and a congregation of over 300 members with regular attendance between 250-300 people across two Sunday worship services.
Our church has an exciting and rewarding position for an Associate Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry to assist the Senior Pastor in ministering to the members of First Baptist Church by specifically focusing on directing and expanding the youth and family
ministries. Overall responsibilities include:
- Leading and strengthening our youth, children’s, and family ministry programs.
- Communicating and working with the Senior Pastor, Elders and staff regarding the direction of the youth and children's ministries.
- Gathering, organizing, training and supporting volunteers and lay leaders to insure success and effective implementation of the ministry objectives.
- Occasionally preach in worship services as needed
The ideal candidate is a growing believer, qualified to become an Elder according to 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1: 6-9, as well as agreeing with our Faith Statement. The candidate must also be able to clearly and effectively articulate the gospel, and relate
to people of all ages. He must also seek out and participate in areas of community involvement focused on youth and children with the goal of effective outreach in our community.
Position qualifications include:
• BA degree in youth/children's ministry, Biblical studies, or related field
• Youth ministry experience
• Experience in training, teaching and mentoring
• Experience in developing and nurturing lay leaders to become teachers, youth leaders, small group leaders, etc.
First Baptist Church is excited about the potential for this position and is committed to love, support, and care for the associate pastor and his family.
Interested, qualified candidates can learn more about this opportunity by forwarding resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also visit our website at: www.fbccville.org