The role of the Kids Pastor (KP) is to oversee the children’s ministry strategy of Legacy Church under the direction and leadership of the Lead Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, code and strategy of Legacy Church and the ability to align
staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision and values. The KP will partner with parents to lead kids to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement and spiritual growth at Legacy Church by meeting kids where they are and leading them to next steps.
The KP will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of kids through weekend environments, small groups, and volunteer teams.
The Kid’s Pastor will be responsible for the following:
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities: Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Legacy Church. The KP should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The KP models a strong relationship with his or her spouse
(if married) and
children (if applicable). The KP strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions. These objectives are accomplished by:
• Committing to a regular quiet-time with God.
• Attending a Legacy Church weekend service on a regular basis.
• Setting appropriate boundaries with time and relationships to protect character and integrity.
• Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
• Supporting the ministries of Legacy Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of gross income.
• Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required by Legacy Church employees, as defined by the Staff Handbook.
2. Leadership of Staff and Volunteer Teams: Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing an investment in ministry leaders who, in turn, influence the kids. Responsible for creating an environment that recruits, develops
and empowers kid’s ministry leaders:
•Communicating clear vision and wins for staff and volunteer teams on a regular basis.
• Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
• Overseeing systems for background checks, safety and security procedures, scheduling, training and care of volunteers.
• Leading staff and volunteer meetings.
• Championing the kid’s ministry leadership development strategy.
• Providing centralized efforts for training leaders (retreats, tools, etc.)
• Providing staff and volunteer teams with current kid’s ministry best practices.
• Ensuring that the kid’s ministry team answers questions and provides remarkable customer service to parents and kids on a consistent basis.
• Providing regular evaluations and feedback to team members.
• Creating and continuously improving follow-up methods to ensure that new kids and their families are plugged in to Legacy Church.
• Managing budget forecasts and expenses for team leaders.
3. Oversight and Execution of Weekend Environments: Responsible for creating programs that provide engaging experiences and life-changing environments for children:
•Providing insight and direction for big picture programming and creative planning processes.
• Selecting relevant curriculum, props, and games for weekend experiences.
• Ensuring that check-in areas, ministry spaces and signage are clear, current and focused on new kids and their families.
•Producing videos, weekly scripts and lessons, printed promotions, verbal announcements, web page information, marketing, etc. about the kid’s ministry at Legacy Church.
• Creating and maintaining a safe environment for kids, including special needs at Legacy Church.
4. Oversight and Execution of Small Groups: Constructs practical onramps and systems to help kids move from visiting to belonging and growing:
•Developing a systematic and effective effort to integrate kid’s small groups into weekend environments.
• Overseeing information and tracking of small group participants and leaders.
• Actively encouraging small group leaders to connect with families and kids during the week.
• Providing opportunities for kids to discover their unique purpose and begin developing their talents and abilities.
• Offering small group leaders curriculum, coaching materials and creative approaches to small group ministry.
• Implementing a strategy to equip parents to help their kids take their next steps toward Christ.
• Execute kid’s outreach efforts at Legacy Church.