We are an elder led Baptist church affiliated with Transformation Ministries (http://www.transmin.org) located in Mesa, Arizona. A recent relocation to a campus in a strip mall places us in the marketplace with easy access to our mission field. Our next
Senior Pastor must be able to leverage our new location and mobilize congregants to reach our unchurched neighbors.
Our church family consists of an older congregation who genuinely desire to transition toward a ministry to families. Staff consists of one full time and two part time associate pastors.
Salary will be commensurate with education, ability, and experience.
THE PASTOR/LEADER WE ARE SEEKING:
1. A person of personal honesty and integrity.
2. A person who seeks after God and is committed to following God’s direction for his/her life and the life of the church.
3. A person who is committed to staying and working through the difficult “stuff” of transition from what has been to what can be.
4. A person who is younger in thinking to be able to connect to younger and unchurched people. This does not mean chronological age, but relates more to a mind set.
Philosophy of Ministry
1. A person who is passionate about reaching lost and broken people.
2. A person who is committed to growing disciples.
3. A person who is able to effectively empower and build a great team.
4. A person who is able to set direction and then communicate to others that dream in such a way they become committed to the vision.
1. A person who is a strong leader, but is not afraid to share leadership with others.
2. A person who is able to stay focused on the“big picture” when others want to focus on the “small picture.” Able to stay and address and resolve conflict effectively and quickly.
3. A person willing to take risks, but do it with others as opposed to going it alone.
1. A person with the ability to build strong teams and effectively work with a variety of people.
2. A person who is a strong Biblical communicator and motivator.
3. A person with a pioneer spirit who is able to think and act outside of the “box” of what has always been.
4. A person with some experience in leading and/or working with churches in transition.
Please submit your resume with references to Randy Hartman, chair of the search committee and interim pastor, to firstname.lastname@example.org Links to online sermons will be helpful to the search committee.
Once your resume attracts the interest of the Search Committee you will be notified and supplied with additional information.
Resumes are accepted through March 15, 2015.