Evangelical Community Church, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you are seeking a hands-on, highly energetic opportunity then we are looking for you!!
The Director of Children’s Ministry is a paid post within the ECC Staff team. Reporting to the Senior Pastor, with oversight from a steering committee, this person is responsible for making the Children’s Ministry happen.
The Children’s Ministry is well established with over 220 children and 150 volunteer teachers & assistants. It’s your job to make sure that each volunteer is scheduled correctly, communicated with and has the materials in their classroom for the lesson.
If that isn’t enough there’s stock to be ordered, sourced and maintained, keeping up to date with new publications, gaining new volunteers and reporting back to the ECC Board and congregation.
Being passionate about children and their faith walk is essential, so demonstrable skills and experience of this is vital in order to support the current Ministry and to grow it.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to email@example.com. We will then contact you with further information for you to prayerfully consider.
Find out more about ECC by visiting www.eccad.org
The Director of Children's Ministry (DCM) will be responsible for the coordination of the activities of children, volunteer teachers and assistants, and administrative staff in accordance with the policies and procedures of ECC. The DCM provides the leadership
of the ministry under the Senior Pastor and through him reports to the ECC Church Board. The DCM will also work with a Board-appointed steering committee which will assist in the setting of objectives and goals and monitoring of performance.
The DCM is responsible for providing oversight, support and structure for the church in order to facilitate the task of evangelizing and educating children in the Christian faith.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Children's Ministry is specifically responsible for performing the following duties:
Organisation of Volunteers (teachers and assistants)
1. Recruit and monitor volunteers, for teaching and assisting roles for all areas of Children's Ministry
2. To organize appropriate staffing schedules and communicate schedule directly with each volunteer
3. Ensure that volunteers are continually assessed in order to meet the ECC standards
4. Plan and execute training sessions as required for volunteers
5. Implement where necessary planning meetings and/or retreats to build and maintain clear vision for all areas of Children's Ministry
6. Provide support and encouragement to volunteers to ensure continued effectiveness, including but not limited to the Annual Appreciation Dinner
7. Provide support and oversight of the AWANA Commander, assisting when necessary
Organisation of Resources
8. Organise, purchase and prepare required weekly materials for all sessions of Children's Ministry, including preparation of classrooms with relevant equipment
9. Maintain stock levels of materials for weekly lessons
10. Ensure that the curriculum is periodically assessed in order to meet the ECC standards
11. Research and monitor new resources in order to facilitate appropriate changes with ECC Board approval
Organisation of Administration
12. Oversee the recording of children?s attendance, update of volunteer and attending family databases
13. Create and maintain budgets for each area of Children?s Ministry
14. Report to the steering committee and the Church Board in appropriate and timely manner
15. Ensure security and safety procedures, including training of volunteers, continually meet the current requirements
16. Oversee creation and maintenance of publicity for Children's Ministry
17. Oversee the work of Children's Ministry administrative assistants
18. Attend regular staff meetings
19. Assist the Senior Pastor and ECC Board with assessment of needs, development of strategies and the setting of goals and priorities
20. Co-ordinate programs to bridge Children's Ministry with other areas of ministry, working with other ECC staff in order to achieve unity
21. Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and ECC Board
Limits of Authority
1. May not apply new curriculum without prior approval by Senior Pastor and ECC Board.
2. May not search or hire paid staff without prior approval of ECC Board.
3. Adhere to approved budget
Education - Educated to degree level
Knowledge - Understanding of child development, through direct parenting experience or other training in related field
Strong knowledge of the Bible & Christian Doctrine demonstrated through Christian walk
Skills - Demonstrated ability to organize at all levels and with a variety of people
Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire, including public speaking
Demonstrated ability to manage directly reporting staff and a large number of volunteers
Able to work with others from ECC Board, Senior Pastor, other ECC Staff and church
Good computer skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Excellent communication skills - verbal and written in English
Attributes - Demonstrated passion for children to know and experience God
Experience - Essential two years minimum in a ministry leadership role
Any applicant must have a personal conversion experience and trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Also, applicant must meet the requirements in 1 Timothy 3, and be able to agree whole heartedly with ECC's Statement of Faith.